Travel Weariness changes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Travel Weariness changes

Postby DonVelD » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm

Mysia wrote:
Sephiron wrote:Or just take the TW hit

^my opinion
again people crying to make teh game easier when there are systems in place they just want it to be easier xD

if you don't feel fucking razorblades under your foreskin and passing out out of pain while you're being bashed on your head with a hammer, are you really playing the game?

you're not being tough by playing a game that inconveniences you everywhere and liking it, you're just being a retard that looks for challenge in places that don't need it. the challenge in a MMORPG should come from the other people and not from the game being retarded just like your mouth-breathing ass. go fuck yourself you mountain of hot takes
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Mysia » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:42 pm

i don't make docking alts, have never even slept in a bed all world. haven't been inconvenienced at all because im not trying to travel around the entire map all the time looking for noobs to kill im actually building and stuff. if i do have to do a big snekk tp i just eat it on my main and don't cry like a little bish, smoke some tobacco eat a couple leaves wtf is the problem? it sounds like you're literally creating a problem for yourselves and then complaining about the solution

"i dont want to make docking alts"

then don't lol stop trying to force the game to your playstyle
Mysia

Postby Sevenless » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Mysia wrote:i don't make docking alts, have never even slept in a bed all world. haven't been inconvenienced at all because im not trying to travel around the entire map all the time looking for noobs to kill im actually building and stuff. if i do have to do a big snekk tp i just eat it on my main and don't cry like a little bish, smoke some tobacco eat a couple leaves wtf is the problem? it sounds like you're literally creating a problem for yourselves and then complaining about the solution

Alternative view: If the point of this mechanic is to stop players roaming the world killing newbs (to my knowledge jorb and loftar have never explicitly explained why this mechanic is expensive on TW unlike hearthing), it's failing completely and only slightly inconveniencing the killers.

So it's still broken, just for a different reason.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby DonVelD » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:50 pm

DonVelD wrote:mountain of hot takes
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Mysia » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:56 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Mysia wrote:i don't make docking alts, have never even slept in a bed all world. haven't been inconvenienced at all because im not trying to travel around the entire map all the time looking for noobs to kill im actually building and stuff. if i do have to do a big snekk tp i just eat it on my main and don't cry like a little bish, smoke some tobacco eat a couple leaves wtf is the problem? it sounds like you're literally creating a problem for yourselves and then complaining about the solution

Alternative view: If the point of this mechanic is to stop players roaming the world killing newbs (to my knowledge jorb and loftar have never explicitly explained why this mechanic is expensive on TW unlike hearthing), it's failing completely and only slightly inconveniencing the killers.

but if you're unaware of the bigger picture they're trying to create as far as fast travel in the world then its hard to really say if its broken or not, i have a little faith and try to play the game as it is presented to me rather than constantly thinking "i could do better". im never said i disagree with some of the critiques on this thread its just funny to see a few of the same broken records thinking that maximum efficency 100% of the time is a requirement and should be easy
its kind of bizarre to me that this is the only game ive played where the players thing they are part of the design team, like i almost notice a sense of entitlement. of course this is the critiques & ideas sub forum but its like yikes
Mysia

Postby Clemins » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:13 pm

How do all these topics always go from "Small inconvenience to everyone should be fixed" to "If this annoys the griefers, then I love it the way it is!"
Also it's honestly a super mild inconvenience, but an obnoxious one that effects everyone equally.
Mysia wrote: kind of bizarre to me that this is the only game ive played where the players thing they are part of the design team, like i almost notice a sense of entitlement. of course this is the critiques & ideas sub forum but its like yikes

Looks like you've been playing since 2012 right? I assume by this point you already know that Jorbtar takes many suggestions from the playerbase to further develop their game, so actually everyone here is a part of game development otherwise there wouldn't be a C&I. Maybe dial down the pessimism a couple notches and attempt to see the game for what it is instead of fueling your unhealthy masochism.
Clemins

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Sephiron wrote:Or just take the TW hit and smoke a fuckload of tobaccy, like how the system's designed. But honestly, maybe if we had some easier ways to lower our TW this wouldn't be an issue at all. We already have beds reduce TW but it's not fast enough to be reasonable. Make it so sleeping in a bed for a full 8 in-game hours (2.5 hours IRL) completely lowers a full TW bar to 0, absolutely regardless of quality or bed type (Actually, maybe 3 hours irl for a thatched bed). You know, like in real life. Make it so sitting in a comfy chair acts the same way, accelerating the progressive decrease of TW exponentially; like a cloth armchair could reduce a full bar of TW in 1 IRL hours, but a rustic chair clears it in 2. That way when you get home, just do your feasting shit and quickly over time you won't have to deal with travel weariness anymore. This would also make some of the non-stat boosting seating options actually useful for people who aren't avid larpers

This thing is spot-on for animal cheesing, but the spirit of it does apply here too:
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Sephiron » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:30 pm

Sevenless wrote:

It's expensive because a snekkja can carry 4 people, a 5x5 inventory and 16 liftable objects lol. I can't hearth home with that much shit so why shouldn't it be more expensive?
Sephiron

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:01 pm

Mysia wrote:i don't make docking alts, have never even slept in a bed all world. haven't been inconvenienced at all because im not trying to travel

"I disagree with this blatantly obvious QOL that has no downsides because I don't interact with that system at all"

ye, standard
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Sevenless » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Sephiron wrote:It's expensive because a snekkja can carry 4 people, a 5x5 inventory and 16 liftable objects lol. I can't hearth home with that much shit so why shouldn't it be more expensive?

You can't dock with people in a boat, you can hearth with 8 liftables for hearth cost TW per person if you're feeling spicy.

Hearthing is a flat 0.1, docking can be 100x more expensive easily but only lets you bring 8 extra liftables and a measly 25 slots.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas