This game is not fun any more

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: This game is not fun any more

Postby Vantri » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:39 pm

Kaios wrote:Beyond the initial early world charm, there is nothing I feel has been interesting or fun enough to keep my attention for long

which is, sadly:
Kaios wrote:I'm special, entertain me, btchz

While it's impossible to blame anyone for such attitude, successful solution to this problem is taking 2 month long break (forced, if necessary). It works.
Thereafter return refreshed, enjoy the good game and ride Odin's horse.
Where time is but a loop, a loose stitch in the Universal Cloth, a Streamer might seize upon a chance, a fatal slip - and plunge the fate of planets into chaos…
Vantri

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Vantri wrote:While it's impossible to blame anyone for such attitude

thanks, I'm glad you agree
Kaios

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Kaios wrote:take a chill pill spaz I'm not asking for anything specific, I made a suggestion and highlighted an example

please understand that even the people who agree with you that some changes need to be made are all very chill

you came back in to this community in late march after a 2 year break and immediately turned up your angst dial to 100, as if you never left

You have 16 pages of angry, unchill, aggressive and negative posts all starting at the beginning of w13

I get it, alot of people probably do the same thing, they take a break and come back a world or 2 later and see what state the game is in. I think everybody can agree that you gave it a good shot, almost 4 months, and realize that this game is not for you. So why are you here? Why are you hurting yourself? You don't have anything constructive to offer, you are just negative and hateful and dismissive.

It's okay to not like haven, man. I don't think jorb is going to be upset if you go, he is going to understand.

It's time to move on to greener pastures friend. Find a game that doesn't anger you so much that you need to write 150+ very upset posts in a community forum over the coarse of a few months. Take a moment and try to think about how much time you've spent being upset since you came back. It can't be healthy bro.

You deserve better, you don't need to hurt yourself, it's 2021, you can find happiness out there for yourself, I believe in you :)
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Zentetsuken

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:35 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:You have 16 pages of angry, unchill, aggressive and negative posts all starting at the beginning of w13

ya sure dude, meanwhile you keep replying to every one of them, bumping the same thread.

gonna cry? gonna piss your pants maybe? maybe shit and cum?
Kaios

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:06 pm

kaios I have an idea, instead of making upset posts about the things you do not find fun about the game, how about you make some happy posts about some parts of the game that you really enjoy and the community can help you find other games that include something similar to this happy content for you

you deserve to be happy kaios :)
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Zentetsuken

Postby FatBob » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:kaios I have an idea, instead of making upset posts about the things you do not find fun about the game, how about you make some happy posts about some parts of the game that you really enjoy and the community can help you find other games that include something similar to this happy content for you

you deserve to be happy kaios :)
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby meus » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:02 am

The game as it is now has just too much content.

This makes a newbie's experience quite fun and rewarding, lots of things to do, much to explore, etc.
Once you get it all figured out, however, you find out that most of what you can achieve or improve is mostly irrelevant in the big picture.

That feeling of meaningless efforts mid-end world is what makes people consider the game "not fun", in contrast with the start when even getting your claim up feels like an achievement.
meus

Postby Archiplex » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:32 am

i dont think it has too much content, but i do think we're at the stage where they need to stop "adding" and focus entirely on "fixing" before adding more. they keep accidently adding things that completely fuck up and explode quality progression (looking at coade clay for example)

that said the content updates this world have been so bare and minimal its not like it matters, kind of curious what they've been doing if anything at all
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:43 am

Archiplex wrote:that said the content updates this world have been so bare and minimal its not like it matters, kind of curious what they've been doing if anything at all

Something, something, object controlled objects
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Pills » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:01 am

jordancoles wrote:
Archiplex wrote:that said the content updates this world have been so bare and minimal its not like it matters, kind of curious what they've been doing if anything at all

Something, something, object controlled objects

Only been working on them for about 4000 years and still have nothing to show. Can't be that difficult to give objects a hierarchy.
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas