What I like about the new pay model, and what needs tweaking

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

What I like about the new pay model, and what needs tweaking

Postby Kubius » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:44 am

I like the idea of the time based limitation - it's really excellent to counter bots. But there's some things I would do.

Firstly, switch the time allowance to a weekly bonus refreshing on Monday. This will help people who do weekend H&H binges. Give free players 14 hours a week and paid players 28 (2 hours a day and 4 hours a day respectively). This doesn't invalidate subscription for people who really want to H&H binge, but it lets free players adequately play while requiring payment for a "real" play experience.

Secondly, make it so play time isn't counted if your character is marked as AFK - automatically activated after 20 minutes. This helps people who go AFK and completely forget about H&H while still making playtime a valuable resource.

Thirdly, you need tiered subscription models, but done better. $10 for unlimited is fine, but there needs to be a cheaper option. I would recommend a subscription at $5 that gives 70 hours a week - not enough to play 24/7 (avoiding botters) but giving the average player an effectively unlimited playtime of 10 hours a day.
Last edited by Kubius on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damonkaninchen: rest in peace. Betrayed and attacked.
Kubius

Re: What I like about the new pay model, and what needs twea

Postby endiron » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 am

I absolutely agree, this would allow you to make the money you require, while meeting us in the middle on this.

Maybe even go P2P in a month or so, let us play around in new h&h for a while -- iron out some of the crazy bugs.

It's a great game, but I'm not willing to pay this price for what it is at the moment.
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Return to Critique & Ideas