Show what Attribute is increased

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Show what Attribute is increased

Postby tardy0 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I dont know about the rest of you, but it bugs me that it doesn't tell you what attribute is increased when the FEP bar is filled. Having to remember what attributes I had and then looking through them to see what I proc'd for is a bit annoying.
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Re: Show what Attribute is increased

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:16 pm

It actually does show you, if you have your character sheet open. The attribute that increases will flash green.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby tardy0 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:It actually does show you, if you have your character sheet open. The attribute that increases will flash green.

I meant like in system chat, or in small red print at bottom of screen for a second or 2 so you dont have to watch your character sheet the whole time
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Postby ninja_yodeler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:20 pm

+1. Having your character sheet open for eating all the time isn't really practical, just the little system message legacy HnH would be all that's needed
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:29 pm

ninja_yodeler wrote:+1. Having your character sheet open for eating all the time isn't really practical, just the little system message legacy HnH would be all that's needed

I always thought that was a custom client feature, rather than a legacy H&H feature, but it's been so long since I used the vanilla client I can't even remember.

Anyhow, this isn't a bad idea, I was just making sure you were aware that you didn't really have to go through the hassle you were describing.

Edit: I think that even the little particle effect from the original would be great. I feel like I read that loftar didn't want to add more stuff to the UI, so I think an idea that didn't add text to the screen would probably be better received.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 pm

Yes, I know. This should be fixed, as should the old lvl up effect. (Swirling color around the character)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:52 pm

jorb wrote:Yes, I know. This should be fixed, as should the old lvl up effect. (Swirling color around the character)

Jorb, please can you also fix that awful chat bugs:
1. No visuals on new messages in inactive chats (they were colored in legacy)
2. Unable to scroll down the list of currently opened chats.
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:24 pm

yozzik wrote:
jorb wrote:Yes, I know. This should be fixed, as should the old lvl up effect. (Swirling color around the character)

Ah, yes, sorry about that. Will fix. Made a note of it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby LoLa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Will this be added? I think it is on custom clients but not default.
LoLa

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:06 pm

jorb wrote:
yozzik wrote:

Ah, yes, sorry about that. Will fix. Made a note of it.

While at it: please add accessible (with that I mean ctrl+key, not some combos that break your fingers) hotkeys for party and village chat.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Critique & Ideas