Lift-based curios

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Lift-based curios

Postby endiron » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:42 pm

So, one new thing that has appeared in the new H&H is experiences based on lifting (Heave-Ho! & Turning Tables for example).

Something that would be really cool to see is more bugs or other animals -- specifically some that come from lifting items.

When I was a young kid, I used to love going into the woods (probably why I still have a big affinity for this game >_>) and looking for insects and other creatures like that. Under rocks and logs I'd find creepy crawlies in their own little ecosystem.

Given that lifting things now can trigger experiences, I think it would be a great addition to see bug spawns based on lifting -- and maybe even some easy hostile mobs.

Some examples:

Lift a rock, a pillbug scutters out from under it. The pillbug can be studied as an early curio.

Lift up a rotten log (the kind that gives mirkwood), and a millipede (a high-attention early curio or something like that) begins to crawl as its decaying home is lifted -- or maybe a small group of the grubs that are currently in-game wriggle out from the soil beneath the log.

For the hostile mobs, maybe adders or other snakes like to sleep in the recesses of hollow logs, and disturbing their nest will rightfully piss them off.

Thoughts?
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Re: Lift-based curios

Postby burgingham » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Seems like a decent idea.

I guess Itsy Bitsy Web and Spider are already similar to this though. Not technically aquired from lifting, but from rummaging around in bushes and such.
burgingham

Re: Lift-based curios

Postby endiron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:10 pm

burgingham wrote:Seems like a decent idea.

I guess Itsy Bitsy Web and Spider are already similar to this though. Not technically aquired from lifting, but from rummaging around in bushes and such.

Similar yes, however this is something between Itsy bitsy & other random forage/gathering curios, and ladybugs/dragonflies -- in that they would actually move around in the world instead of just entering your inventory.

Thank you though :^)!
endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Return to Critique & Ideas