Stockpile options

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Stockpile options

Postby Zyean » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 pm

So, the one gripe about stockpiles I have (assuming you don't pre arrange them) is that you can't really tell what is in it other than that specific type of thing, rocks, hide, etc. I was thinking some option would be nice like, the hide stockpile for example, let's say it shows it like it currently does where you have x/30 hides in it, maybe there could be an expand button that shows how many of each different type there is, so like horse hide: a; dried horse hide: b; boar hide: c; etc, but only show these additional hides if that type of hide is actually in the pile.

I was also thinking, and even just this option alone would be great, an option to sort piles by highest qualities on top or lowest on top, depending the button pressed. It would be even better if you guys could get it so say in the junk pile when you press this button and you have, let's say entrails, intestines, and feathers. it would sort the highest by each item (assuming you actually implemented my first part of this suggestion) where the highest feathers would be on top (in the expanded menu) and the highest intestines, in their respective slots.

Maybe I should make a sample picture to explain my suggestion better, but let me know if you want me to clarify anything or expand upon anything.
Zyean

Re: Stockpile options

Postby sabinati » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:05 pm

that would be great
sabinati

Postby jtpitner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Why not just have an area where you put you high qlty stock piles at and other area for low qlty. Ex. I have piles upon piles of bones for glue. Then I have a pile with high qlty bones for arrows/saw/hooks ect.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Myeah, idk. Maybe. Thanks for the suggestion.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Avu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:51 am

I think the ability to add text to a stockpile would be even better. Text can be a lot more decriptive than what is already in a pile. Taking stuff out of a pile is not the only thing you want to do with it. Putting things in a mostly empty pile is just as important.

Ex.
Q30+ 1 tile hides
bear hides for teddy bears
hides for hq string
1 tile hides for stinging poultice
feathers
substance 40+ bones
crap entrails for fishing
entrails for mirkwoods
quartz stone
iron ore for good smelters
GOLD DO NOT WASTE
fir boughs
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:40 am

Text might not suck, though I'm fairly sure loftar will think so. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby LoLa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Zyean wrote:So, the one gripe about stockpiles I have (assuming you don't pre arrange them) is that you can't really tell what is in it other than that specific type of thing, rocks, hide, etc. I was thinking some option would be nice like, the hide stockpile for example, let's say it shows it like it currently does where you have x/30 hides in it, maybe there could be an expand button that shows how many of each different type there is, so like horse hide: a; dried horse hide: b; boar hide: c; etc, but only show these additional hides if that type of hide is actually in the pile.

I was also thinking, and even just this option alone would be great, an option to sort piles by highest qualities on top or lowest on top, depending the button pressed. It would be even better if you guys could get it so say in the junk pile when you press this button and you have, let's say entrails, intestines, and feathers. it would sort the highest by each item (assuming you actually implemented my first part of this suggestion) where the highest feathers would be on top (in the expanded menu) and the highest intestines, in their respective slots.

Maybe I should make a sample picture to explain my suggestion better, but let me know if you want me to clarify anything or expand upon anything.

I love these ideas. :D I would like to be able to tell what types of items are inside a stockpile, for instance I have a pile of entrails and a pile of seeds next to eachother, you have to take one out to tell what they are currently but if there was a visual indication on the model or in the UI that would help a lot. If it showed the qualities or let you sort by qualities that would just be amazing.
LoLa

Return to Critique & Ideas