landscaping, need more

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: landscaping, need more

Postby Turtlesir » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:42 pm

now that cat gold can be used to pave i'm gonna pitch this again with another idea: petrified seashell pavement.

because there's often made use of spirals in textures already something like this i think would fit quite well.
Turtlesir

Postby endiron » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Turtlesir wrote:ammonite pavement

That would be really neat! I've never really seen anything like that, but it's pretty cool honestly.

I think a good solution for the topic at hand would be mulch! It would be a pavement type that would allow plants to grow through it, look earthy, and be semi-permanent (decaying like stone pavement) but still allow object decay on top like dirt.

Maybe that could go hand-in-hand with compost if ever such an update comes out -- it would be great to see though, being able to take twigs & blocks and make it into a pavement type which could make great little gardens.

endiron

Location: Sipping from a coconut with a little umbrella while the hole in my palisade is breached

Postby Turtlesir » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:18 pm

bump for a brave new world. :mrgreen:

i made some mockups using my awesome photoshop skills to give an idea of what it could look like:

Turtlesir

Postby Kalacia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Turtlesir wrote:bump for a brave new world. :mrgreen:

i made some mockups using my awesome photoshop skills to give an idea of what it could look like:

I like this!

I might even look into a real life version... for... well... real life.
Last edited by Kalacia on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kalacia

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 pm

It looks beautiful Turtlesir and I very much like the idea of expanding on the design and terraforming experience the game now has.

I suggested elsewhere that we be able to use stones to construct small walls as garden borders, maybe with a height option so they could be one layer or up to maybe the height of the trellis, with so many lovely colours to choose from now it would be a nice addition and tidy garden areas.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:06 pm

loftar wrote:Indeed, stomping to dirt is far too easy for it to be permanent. There's really a case to be made that not even paving should be permanent. It's one thing at this point in the world, I guess, but I always find it ugly when walking year-old worlds and the only thing that remains of settlements is paving.

Because you need to up the biome spread. IT TAKES AAAAGES
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Kalacia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I suggested elsewhere that we be able to use stones to construct small walls as garden borders, maybe with a height option so they could be one layer or up to maybe the height of the trellis, with so many lovely colours to choose from now it would be a nice addition and tidy garden areas.

I like this, mini brick walls just for the looks!

Im all for social projects and building. Its why i play, more variety the better!
Kalacia

Postby Turtlesir » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Amanda44 wrote:It looks beautiful Turtlesir and I very much like the idea of expanding on the design and terraforming experience the game now has.

I suggested elsewhere that we be able to use stones to construct small walls as garden borders, maybe with a height option so they could be one layer or up to maybe the height of the trellis, with so many lovely colours to choose from now it would be a nice addition and tidy garden areas.

i would love a small garden wall. they could make it an alternative to the wooden trellis and we be able to plant vines on them too.:)
Turtlesir

Postby LadyV » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Yes more terraforming and decorative ideas are good and fun options. :D
LadyV

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas