Introduce more forageables

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Introduce more forageables

Postby Redkat » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:42 pm

well - how about forageables that can be used to make dye ?? Everybody wants homedyed clothes.

Various plants giving various colours for dye - maybe combinate some for a different colour. I seem to recall that dye/paint wasnt an abhorrent idea to you devs in a previous thread about this.

The plant Horsetail as an example - I remember it as becoming yellowish in RL.
Redkat

Re: Introduce more forageables

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:20 pm

The forageables wouldn't need to be tied to LP, they could be less useful or only have secondary advantages.

This is an interesting topic really. There has been a lot of complaints and suggestions about combat, but it would be appreciated if you spent more time with non-pvp parts of the game. You could add new functions for the blank berries and catkins etc we have at the moment, and add herbalism and a deeper healing system. Dying is cool too, even if it's just limited to village banners and togas. Cave vegetation would also be an interesting new content addition - I'm picturing, as mentioned, just a few crops like mushrooms and growable moss, and maybe specific structures for cave biomes (like an equivalent for the well), which would make underground villages pretty cool and distinctive.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas