Wild Windsown Weed - dried curiosities

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wild Windsown Weed - dried curiosities

Postby Bargud » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello everyone,
I have suggestion to share with you

Wild Windsown Weed - if player has all seeds from it, there is no reason to look for them any more. There should be random chance that few curiosities will be dried from it. For example sharp thorn, exotic bloom,hollow stem, dead bug, dried worm ...
I wouldnt steal a car, But i'd download one if i could.
Bargud

Re: Wild Windsown Weed - dried curiosities

Postby molenga » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Bargud wrote:Hello everyone,
I have suggestion to share with you

Wild Windsown Weed - if player has all seeds from it, there is no reason to look for them any more. There should be random chance that few curiosities will be dried from it. For example sharp thorn, exotic bloom,hollow stem, dead bug, dried worm ...

Bots will be mass collecting them if you do that, unless you make them so shitty no one would care.

And that is why we can´t have nice things. :cry:
molenga

Postby Potjeh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 pm

There's a reason to collect high q WWWs because raising quality on trellis crops and pumpkins is super slow.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Granger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Also to collect spiders and nets.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Granger wrote:Also to collect spiders and nets.

Like this clever little cutie. :D

https://youtu.be/DwLn11KJS9Y

@ Bargud ... I did like the idea but I hadn't thought about the botting aspect which molenga brought up, though you can aply that to anything really, idk, blasted botters! :P

And I do still collect them anyway, I find them useful for grassing seeing as how most of the other seeds have a dual purpose now and I leave excess ones in logs and stumps for newbies to discover.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Bargud » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:56 am

I also collecting them because of chance for higher quality seeds but its like pick them, check quality and 99.9% dropped because are not usefull.
I didnt think about botting but there must be way to avoid it. Something like pop up window "are you bot? Write down nubers from image!" :D

For example if every next try for connection to server frome same ip adress will be asked to rewrite some difficult code, and will be like every 20 minutes, there will be no botting anymore.

Seeds for grass are always usefull but i have so many seeds from farming that it seems to be not worth it.

So this idea still have point for me.
I wouldnt steal a car, But i'd download one if i could.
Bargud

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:48 am

Capchas has been suggested quite a lot for anti-botting measures and it has been noted that it won't work in the long run.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Return to Critique & Ideas