Farming (related) ideas

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Farming (related) ideas

Postby gogtabi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:21 am

+1

All of these ideas encourage better realism honestly. No self respecting farmer would go out to harvest his beets, then throw them on the ground and trample them.

The same self respecting farmer would not then go harvest 10s of thousands of barley seeds, to then grind his fingers to the bone for hours on end. He would innovate quite quickly. As for the mill, I would personally prefer the animal driven method for similar reasons. Hitching an animal to a round stone is a very simple method used in countless ages and cultures. I also agree that there should be a minor setback, because baked goods are a major part of the game. Extra time to process, lower returns, and limited capacities. But nothing too crazy.

I believe that jorbtar has always intended to put in trough/barrel inspection, but they haven't gotten around to it yet.... right?

Milking station also promotes realism. a community corral full of 40-50 milking cows is impossible to navigate or track, regardless of how big. And having 40-50 small gated corrals is equally impossible, or near enough not to matter. A milking cow's corral should have a design that makes it convenient to use. I do agree with all of flagmaster's ideas to limit this structure.
gogtabi

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:39 pm

(wind)Mill has been suggested many times so far.
Devs please add it already.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Redkat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm

This sounds very good and while we are at it. The previously suggested stable for putting the animals into "rest" - so they dont need fodder, so people can go to vacation and not find everything dead when they come back. Something for coops that could work similarly or maybe just move the particular chickens inside the same stable.

:) and When do we get bunny breeding.
Redkat

Postby Kalacia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Redkat wrote:When do we get bunny breeding.

Not so fast!
Kalacia

Postby molenga » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:44 pm

+1 for all ideas, including bunny breeding.
molenga

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas