Foraging

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Foraging

Postby Kyaaa » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:03 pm

So I heard that the world is resetting. Usually this would be a time of joy, since me and my friends would play again, but we quit because the new foraging system is garbage.

So here's my question.

Is that retarded as fuck system still in place that makes finding actual good curiosities (Flotsam, Pearls, Edelweiss, Bluebells, Bolete) down to pure RNG, instead of your foraging skill, like it should be? Because I had 70*60 Foraging and Perception and I never found a single one of them in over 2 weeks of play, meanwhile people who had a fraction of my foraging & perception reported finding 4 bluebells in a few days, and that is just straight up bullshit.

Good curioisities were what I used to use to barter with people, and finding Flotsam was always one of the more enjoyable things in the game. There was nothing more relaxing than doing a round of boating through my usual route in search for Flotsam.
I don't want to bother playing if the most I'm going to be able to study is some crappy dragonfly and ants again after nearly a month of play.
Kyaaa

Return to Critique & Ideas