Toolbelt

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Toolbelt

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:11 am

Let us equip a toolbelt in the belt slot which is able to hold one of each tool type inside
The belt would operate as a separate inventory specifically for tools
It would be nice too if you could do tasks that require different tools without having to remove the specific tool from the belt

For example if I have an axe in my toolbelt, I would just start cutting the tree without the need for equipping it on my hand
It gets pretty clicky after a while of swapping tools in and out
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Toolbelt

Postby evangili » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:31 am

agree but i think u should have enough empty hands to operate the tool you want. f.e. if u want to mine with pick (u must choose to mine with pick and not with axe if both in toolbelt) u should have 2 hands open. else smne could just carry 2 water buckets and mine forever
evangili

Postby Redkat » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:37 am

agreed but I already posted an extensive post on this elsewhere :D (sabinatis payment model thread)

Reposting this part:
Toolinventory: Its annoying to have to run back and fort to get ones tools all the time - or weapons I suppose - seen somebody complain about bows. I am not suggesting we should be able to hammer or use a bow at the same time - just have a separate inventory to carry them that dont really affect the normal one. (Maybe use the belt ;) )
Redkat

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:40 am

Belts should have inventory to hold keyring at least. Maybe small utilities like flint&steel also.

Poor man's belt =1 slot Hunter's belt =2 slots. Maybe add fancier more expensive belts (rangers belt, merchants belt?)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby razfen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:13 pm

This worked so horribly in salem that i just used the snakeskin belt. Pls no

On the same note, it has been known in history that people wrapped their slings around their waist or head to carry them. I'd like to see that instead.
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:50 am

razfen wrote:This worked so horribly in salem that i just used the snakeskin belt. Pls no

On the same note, it has been known in history that people wrapped their slings around their waist or head to carry them. I'd like to see that instead.

How on earth was Salem toolbelt system horrible? At least when I played it around a year ago, it worked fantastically.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Bump
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Return to Critique & Ideas