Discontinous Rivers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Discontinous Rivers

Postby wolf1000wolf » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Ok, while connecting rivers sounds cool and does make travelling easier, it also leads to less safe rivers and larger casual raiding range.

Can we get some discontinuity in rivers next time?
wolf1000wolf

Re: Discontinous Rivers

Postby evilboy666 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:48 pm

He kinda has a point. In my memory, in W7 rivers reached far but you still had to pass some ground and ofc the huge forests at the supergrid edges, in W8 like no rivers at all, in this world they reach literally everywhere, they even penetrate mountains and end right in the middle.
evilboy666

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:52 am

wolf1000wolf wrote:Ok, while connecting rivers sounds cool and does make travelling easier, it also leads to less safe rivers and larger casual raiding range.

I still think the solution would be allowing the creation or destruction of rivers by landscaping. If Alexander could build a causeway to Tyre at about this time, why can we not stem off or build canals from a river?
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Kalacia » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 am

GenghisKhan44 wrote:
wolf1000wolf wrote:Ok, while connecting rivers sounds cool and does make travelling easier, it also leads to less safe rivers and larger casual raiding range.

I still think the solution would be allowing the creation or destruction of rivers by landscaping. If Alexander could build a causeway to Tyre at about this time, why can we not stem off or build canals from a river?

Think of the greif.... oh whats that, you have a nice village. We will steal your boat, dig a whole river around you and then be on our way.

Also, i dont think it would be too easy to code.. and other things should be higher on the list.
Kalacia

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Kalacia wrote:
Think of the greif.... oh whats that, you have a nice village. We will steal your boat, dig a whole river around you and then be on our way.

Also, i dont think it would be too easy to code.. and other things should be higher on the list.

I agree there are higher priorities. I plead ignorance to code-writing.

But any hermit who doesn't have his supplies within at least a secured palisade wall is already very vulnerable to losing everything. (I say this as an undedicated casual who has yet to even make glue.) That SHOULD include his boat or the wherewithal to make one among MANY other things.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Clemence » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:08 am

W9 is fare more fun than W8, and thats mostly du to river system alique legacy.
Dont change it please.
Clemence

Return to Critique & Ideas