Towers as wall alternative

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Towers as wall alternative

Postby ven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:02 pm

The tower's soak was reduced; my suggestion is that it's increased above the brickwall's value.

With a higher soak than that, towers can function as an improved alternative to the brickwall - more like a fortress, or a castle keep. Not to mention it looks cool on screenshots. You could even make them cost more stamina to be built.

Towers are already very expensive and a brickwall gate would still be needed and therfore function as a weak spot on the perimeter, so I can't see how it would be unbalanced.
Venator
ven

Re: Towers as wall alternative

Postby Kalacia » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Personally, i think they should add to shield rather than be a physical wall as such. but if they add to your shield, they should require something to maintain that "ability"... otherwise people will just effectively spam a wall of them anyway.

They should also allow you to fire over your wall...
Kalacia

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Make it that B-walls can connect to Stone Towers.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Yeah im with linkfan. Better to just make it so when a tower is sandwiched between a brick wall it molds with it, and gains more soak.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 pm

linkfanpc wrote:Make it that B-walls can connect to Stone Towers.

Yeah, this is what I would like .. to go further I actually wanted them to act like a c/p, in place of a corner post, then this would also prevent building a wall of them. It makes sense as well as that is how they were mainly used in buildings and forts and it looks good.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:12 pm

BETTER IDEA

Make it so we can somehow get ontop of B-Walls and their corner-posts to properly defend a place.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby ven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:26 pm

All great ideas, but my original suggestion was to just change the soak numbers and let the players do the rest.
I'm assuming walking over walls and extending walls from towers will need a lot of coding to adapt the visitor debuff and similar stuff, and that might make the devs disregard the idea.
Venator
ven

Postby Kaios » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Might be better if the Tower remained as it is and a guard tower alternative was introduced instead. Are you really going to use a big tower like that as a wall and also store things in your wall? All that storage space would either go to waste out of fear of it being smashed one day or it would be used and lost when it does get smashed.
Kaios

Postby ven » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Yes that would be better, but I think it'd take forever until new models are made etc.
Venator
ven

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:38 pm

Kaios wrote:Might be better if the Tower remained as it is and a guard tower alternative was introduced instead. Are you really going to use a big tower like that as a wall and also store things in your wall? All that storage space would either go to waste out of fear of it being smashed one day or it would be used and lost when it does get smashed.

Actually yes, good point ... I would not be storing anything valuable in my tower if it were substituting a corner post, lol, but to me, at least, they just seem odd as a stand alone building.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Return to Critique & Ideas