Edelss still shit

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Edelss still shit

Postby Zeler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:30 pm

They study for like 30 hours with 10 att required. Whats even the point? They are worse than feather trinkets.
Zeler

Re: Edelss still shit

Postby mietzi94 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:31 pm

agreed
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Glorthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Feather trinkets have a short study time and one of the highest lp/hr/slot. A longer timer curio is not going to match it, as it takes less effort.
Glorthan

Postby mietzi94 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm

even flotsams are better at base q than edels. Tho everybody can see flotsams, not even high exp*perc needed.. Makes no sense to me. I mean its still decent, but it should take less time so its atleast better than flotsam or glimmer..
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby shubla » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Double edels base LP!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby LoLa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:24 pm

I personally don't understand why the majority of curios are near worthless in this game... Mirkwood Offerings are like the only curios that have a study time and LP gain that make sense to me. A lot of curios weights are to high, the study times to long and the lp gains to low. If Mirkwood Offerings are a good and easy to get curio, why aren't rabbit's feet, Itsy Bitsy's Web or Odd Tubers better curiosities because they are harder to get and more rare? Instead they are worse because they take so long to finish.. Itsy Bitsy's Web takes like over a day and even takes 2 more mental weight than Mirkwood Offerings.. If you use Mirkwood Offerings as a base because they are a curio you can get practically at the start of the game, if there's any curios that should take 10 mental weight it should be them, not some of these harder to get curios. The rarity finding as well as difficulty crafting a curio should determine the weight, lp gain and study time.
LoLa

Postby MightySheep » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:39 pm

LoLa wrote:I personally don't understand why the majority of curios are near worthless in this game... Mirkwood Offerings are like the only curios that have a study time and LP gain that make sense to me. A lot of curios weights are to high, the study times to long and the lp gains to low. If Mirkwood Offerings are a good and easy to get curio, why aren't rabbit's feet, Itsy Bitsy's Web or Odd Tubers better curiosities because they are harder to get and more rare? Instead they are worse because they take so long to finish.. Itsy Bitsy's Web takes like over a day and even takes 2 more mental weight than Mirkwood Offerings.. If you use Mirkwood Offerings as a base because they are a curio you can get practically at the start of the game, if there's any curios that should take 10 mental weight it should be them, not some of these harder to get curios. The rarity finding as well as difficulty crafting a curio should determine the weight, lp gain and study time.

I think its because exp was supposed to matter, but it doesnt

also dealing with numbers is a lot of effort, it requires thinking and thinking is hard, so dont blame jorbtar, not everybody can into numbers
MightySheep

Postby Delamore » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Someone should post a proper comparison spreadsheet so the devs can see how badly various curios line up. Even better if it's at real world ql values rather than ql 10
I misplaced mine from last world but if I find it I'll post it.
Delamore

Postby shubla » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:47 pm

I can confirm that lp / hour on some curios is just bad compared to how hard they are to make or find.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Thedrah » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 pm

shubla wrote:I can confirm that lp / hour on some curios is just bad compared to how hard they are to make or find.

like leather ball or enthroned toad?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas