I would buy a pet.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: I would buy a pet.

Postby molenga » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:22 pm

shubla wrote:Also there must be ability to kill pets

Only if they are not store items, if they are they should be cosmetic only and not interact with anything in the game.

If they are tamed wolves then yeah, you need to be able to kill them.

I can totally see war dogs tearing each other apart in battles between 2 large groups!

It would make it a necessity for players to own and train guard dogs to defend villages and claims, creating a whole new niche of players that would be dedicated "dog trainers" that would raise them and trade them to other players, thus generating commerce. A similar class of breeders would be born if tamable horses ever get implemented for example.
molenga

Postby simimi » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:37 pm

I see pets as a way to monetize the game, cause the hats are meh now, so a fighting pet would be to much a pay to win.
simimi

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Oh no please not cosmetic pets. Wouldn't fit the game's theme at all to be able to buy an animal that follows you around and nothing can interact with it. I'm down for being able to tame foxes and such as pets though
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby molenga » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm

simimi wrote:I see pets as a way to monetize the game, cause the hats are meh now, so a fighting pet would be to much a pay to win.

I think we could come up with a better way to monetize the game...
molenga

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:18 am

Its fine, if they have no collision box. Otherwise I'd use a pet as a back shield while running
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby CSPAN » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:37 am

I will reiterate my interest in structures like cosmetic fountains, and other structures. They have a much larger potential to make money if they introduce these sort of things.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby jordancoles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 am

CSPAN wrote:I will reiterate my interest in structures like cosmetic fountains, and other structures. They have a much larger potential to make money if they introduce these sort of things.

Make a c &i thread
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby LoLa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:08 pm

simimi wrote:Dont need those hats, let us have account bound pets, that dont interact with anything around, just cosmetic.
Nothing out of the lore like those silly hats, just regular model like squerels, bunies, ...
Some players live a lonely life ya know, would be good to chill and craft beside the fireplace in a rocking chair with the virtual buddy playing around.
Need fireplaces in home to.

Pets sound cool, although if it literally does nothing but sit there I'm not sure if I'd see a point to it.
LoLa

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas