Bitch ass barley.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Bitch ass barley.

Postby VDZ » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:12 pm

I've also dried plenty of seeds and have not yet gotten a single barley. Plenty of pipeweed, though, if anybody would ever want that.

I don't mind it being rare as much as how essential it is. Without barley I am locked out of
- almost everything baking related
- beehives
- straw hats and I think some other clothing too
- chicken coops
- wax (practically, candleberries take ages to gather), and as a result hardened leather
VDZ

Postby abt79 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 pm

The devs should either make it more common or make another seed that gives straw (ie wheat)
abt79

Postby Dakutis » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Yea it's very rare, I dried over 200 www's untill I get one.
Dakutis

Postby Clemence » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm

Search in biome that show green with pink points on minimap.
Clemence

Postby Antaraner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:33 am

Thedrah wrote:biomes doesn't affect it afaik

i believe they are tied to the supergrids to encourage trading, so start walking in one direction picking them all up as you go

Thats waht ppl told me in w8. The problem is you not rly ( or atlest i did ) know where those grids start or end. That means you can walk 10 min or an hour and reach a new grid and find a new set of www or dont. There should be a indication of which kind of sets your wwws are. Like "northern www" and you know it could give x y or z. That way you would not try dozen of www that are in the same supergrid.

I think every grid gives 3-4 different seeds. Mine is i think carrots beets pipe and i think peas. i am rowing the rivers up and down in search for new seeds. The last expedition brought finaly hemp. But barley and flax still elude me.

My advice at the moment is to travel rly far into 1 direction and to gather every www and repeat till you have all the crops.
Last world i got all the important seeds at the start and only the exotic ones where the proplem.
Antaraner

Postby tempwad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 am

any1 found a cucumber in this world?
trapped? masturbate.
tempwad

Postby Thedrah » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:58 am

yes, i got cucumber about the 3rd batch of seeds. and about 50barley seeds, i'm about an hour walking distance from the south east corner. so far i have every plant except hops and grapes

honestly i haven't traveled far so idk if it's biome or location, maybe just luck
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby jordancoles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:59 am

I've dried at least 50 weeds and haven't gotten barley or flax tbh
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Eemerald » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 am

I found barley and flax first...though last world it was a pain in the ass where we were.

go on a long boat ride, and pick up WWW's as you go.

or if u find my claim by a massive mountain southish in the world, I have some growing that ure welcome to harvest:P
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Tilia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:37 am

Barley was difficult to find here in the midwest, ironic I know. I will be johnny appleseeding it along the rivers in a week or so, still working on the barley and chessboard problem. Currently at six plants.
Tilia

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas