Bitch ass barley.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Bitch ass barley.

Postby molenga » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:57 am

VDZ wrote:I've also dried plenty of seeds and have not yet gotten a single barley. Plenty of pipeweed, though, if anybody would ever want that.

I don't mind it being rare as much as how essential it is. Without barley I am locked out of
- almost everything baking related
- beehives
- straw hats and I think some other clothing too
- chicken coops
- wax (practically, candleberries take ages to gather), and as a result hardened leather

I personally think that is a good thing, making it rare and essential to progress reduces the speed in which we advance in the game, slowing down a bit the inevitable end of the world when everyone is bored late game and quitting the game until the next world. :roll:

Just go look for it on a boat, take a long walk in a single direction and pick WWW non stop, dry it all and hope for the best.

I have barley, and flax, but can´t find certain crops yet, like cucumbers.
molenga

Postby wibble » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:56 pm

This is flippin ridiculous and game breaking. I have travelled miles and picked every darn WWW Ive seen. Every single seed except barley. Out of 12 frames loaded every day, (or however long it takes to click over) for over a week now... and not one? I give up. Too much dependant on one seed that is impossible to find.

(yes Im on a new name, been playing on and off since W3, this is the most stupid rarity of wheat ever)
wibble

Postby Kalacia » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:22 pm

wibble wrote:This is flippin ridiculous and game breaking. I have travelled miles and picked every darn WWW Ive seen. Every single seed except barley. Out of 12 frames loaded every day, (or however long it takes to click over) for over a week now... and not one? I give up. Too much dependant on one seed that is impossible to find.

(yes Im on a new name, been playing on and off since W3, this is the most stupid rarity of wheat ever)

maybe you should consider trade?
Kalacia

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:35 pm

3-5 of my first 12 wild windsown weeds turned to barley. Maybe as some people say, it's got to do with the biome you harvest them from?
Gray

Postby Fostik » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:40 pm

3 pages of pissing on lazy noob, sweeeet.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby wibble » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah well figured would travel over a few supergrids, spent a day travelling to edge of map, picking all WWW on way, then travelled north to other edge...
If you got 3-5 out of your first few WWW? Then praise Jorbtar, you are in the one minimap grid where they grow :P
wibble

Postby VDZ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Kalacia wrote:
wibble wrote:This is flippin ridiculous and game breaking. I have travelled miles and picked every darn WWW Ive seen. Every single seed except barley. Out of 12 frames loaded every day, (or however long it takes to click over) for over a week now... and not one? I give up. Too much dependant on one seed that is impossible to find.

maybe you should consider trade?

When seeds vary per region, almost everyone in your region has the same seeds, and trading long-distance is very difficult right now (particularly with charter stones requiring rare localized resources; I haven't seen a single Rock Crystal node so far). I did try to contact the one village that seems to have seeds, but they haven't responded. I'm probably going to boat around this evening and see if I can steal some somewhere, and else I'm probably going to build a battering ram or something to knock down their palisade.

(Funny side note: Localized resources have been much easier to get for me than barley.)
VDZ

Postby synaris » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:55 pm

i have course have also run into this problem. being unable to find barley and flax our progress has ground to a damn halt. cant start an orchard, cant get a decent farm going, cant cook anything worthwhile. too much is tied to barley and flax for them to be this rare. its insane.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby VDZ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm

I finally managed to get some barley today.

I suspect the nidbanes will be coming soon to avenge this loss of barley...I regret nothing.
VDZ

Postby wibble » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:38 am

Just in case anyone is still struggling.... barley is EAST and I think on the bright yellow grassland.
wibble

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas