Ship ownership

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ship ownership

Postby ven » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 am

Ship's are free game right now. Someone suggested that a key be made for them in order to prevent theft, since they're very expensive to make.

A more elegant solution to that, I think, is to make it's steering wheel removable:

It could use 4x4 or 6x6 inventory space.
Venator
ven

Re: Ship ownership

Postby sabinati » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:05 am

so, a sea captain walks into a bar, right, and he's got this giant steering wheel, like for a ship, attached to his belt buckle.

the bartender asks, hey, what's the deal with that steering wheel? and the sea captain says "i had to take it with me so people wouldn't steal my boat"

and then he says "yarrr, it's drivin me nuts"
sabinati

Postby ven » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 am

sabinati wrote:so, a sea captain walks into a bar, right, and he's got this giant steering wheel, like for a ship, attached to his belt buckle.

*Birchbark backpack :D
Venator
ven

Postby boshaw » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:08 am

ven wrote:Ship's are free game right now. Someone suggested that a key be made for them in order to prevent theft, since they're very expensive to make.

A more elegant solution to that, I think, is to make it's steering wheel removable:

It could use 4x4 or 6x6 inventory space.

I would rather harbors and them be safe only when in a harbor then people eventually abusing this as blockades that you can't even move since you'll never get the steering wheel. A boat outside of a harbor should be free game.
boshaw

Postby ven » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:11 am

Rivers are much wider this world. Maybe it would help if ships couldn't sail over shallow water, and also nullifying the steering wheel thing when the ship is on someone else's claim.
Venator
ven

Postby Glorthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:57 am

ven wrote:Rivers are much wider this world. Maybe it would help if ships couldn't sail over shallow water, and also nullifying the steering wheel thing when the ship is on someone else's claim.

RIP fords. Bad idea/10, sorry.
Glorthan

Return to Critique & Ideas