Quest Expansion and Experience

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Quest Expansion and Experience

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:17 am

So the experience system...is flawed. It rewards those who don't play much and the randomness to it is frustrating. The worlds only 2 weeks old and yet I've already experienced several dry spells where I won't get any experience for a couple days. Its frustrating that there's no way to figure out what your next experience might be. I have a few ideas that aim to relieve some of the frustration with the current system.

Idea 1 - A quest system where once a day a hearthling receives a divine quest to complete for some juicy experience. This would not replace the current experience system, only supplement it. Here are a few examples for what the quest could be: go swimming while naked, run past a bat, do a rowdy dance on the mountain, place a dead fox near a badger, etc.
Another part that could go with this idea would be adding back the altar so you can ask the gods for more quest(prob would need to be some sort of limit)

Idea 2 - Add in an altar or some sort of sacrificial system that allows you to have a hint revealed about what your next experience might be.

Idea 3 - Stop making it harder for players who have been logged in longer to get experience. God forbid I autostudy one night, if I do that I won't receive a single experience until I log out for a few hours.

Idea 4 - This ideas going to get shot down hard. Make certain tasks give small amounts of experience. For example killing a bear could be worth 10 exp, while a fox would be worth 1. Farming x amount of tiles could give 1 experience(maybe 50?). Reward people for doing work, not doing random things until they finally get an experience. When i'm running low on experience I go down this huge checklist i've made until I manage to get one, and then I start over on the list because I have no idea what might come next. You could have a smarter system that lets people get experiences based off of what they usually do, or based off the stats a player has. A player with high UA should get sensing the beast more often, and speaking of beast, why is there no experience for killing things!
Alright i'm done. Go ahead and tear apart my post you guys.
Fierce_Deity

Re: Quest Expansion and Experience

Postby evilboy666 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am

Shit thread 5/7
evilboy666

Return to Critique & Ideas