Local Voice Chat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Local Voice Chat

Postby Pupsi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:01 pm

It would be cool to have voice chat like it is in DayZ, this should be probably decrease ("PLIS DONT KEL ME" VOICE EDITION ¦] )amount of killing random noobs and make some new funny way to communicate. Thanks-
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Re: Local Voice Chat

Postby Zeler » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:03 pm

Sounds fun.
Zeler

Postby Kalacia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:49 am

it sounds fun. But nobody would use it... If WoW, battlefield etc have it built in and clans/organised groups still use TS, vent, skype etc then im not sure the dev time spent making a voice chat here would be worth the time.

idea is good, would be nice to have... but i think for the amount of use it will get per player, they should be implementing other things first.
Kalacia

Postby Zeler » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:52 am

Kalacia wrote:it sounds fun. But nobody would use it... If WoW, battlefield etc have it built in and clans/organised groups still use TS, vent, skype etc then im not sure the dev time spent making a voice chat here would be worth the time.

idea is good, would be nice to have... but i think for the amount of use it will get per player, they should be implementing other things first.

The idea is to use it to talk with randoms, not you buddies.
Zeler

Postby Kalacia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 am

When i play most games, i turn the sound off. i want to listen to music, or i want to chat to people i choose to. Even if i did have the sound on.... and voice on. it could possibly be the biggest greif tool in the whole on HnH.

20 naked alts all spamming you with stupid noises? outside your claim to bait you out... ugh... fuck that.

1 naked alt who you have killed just screams down the mic to be a little pleb.... Ugh.

A 12 year old noob running past naked shouting bear for 20 mins... crying and bitching as the little turd got KOed. Ugh.

Some raider who is clearly trying to kill you talking to you so you break your concentration., UGH!

Mute sound!

if the sound is mute, which i feel a lot of people would do. Or at least turn this feature off. its a waste of an implementation.

if people want it so badly, ask custom client makers to do it...
Kalacia

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Sinewaves etc.
Clients that spam very annoying and loud noises/screamers at your enmies wall.
Yeah good idea.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

@ Pupsi - Well, I've always supported the idea when it's come up before and once suggested it myself awhile back, I'd love a voice chat system and I use it in all the games I play that have it. I've had people go on about the 'screamers' etc and Jordan linked one of his vids from H1Z1 where the guy was playing a kazoo or something, really loudly, lol, but it's not happened to me or any of the others I play with over there, so it can't be that common a thing and anyway as MM said, so long as there is a mute button, so what if someone wants to act like a 5 yr old ... :|

It helps with social interaction and leads to many more interesting encounters, it's also a lot easier to have a normal conversation than it is to type everything out. Skype isn't always an option for everyone, for me it makes the games I play lag when it's on, esp Haven, add to that some security issues and I've stopped using it completely, I admit I haven't tried any other voice systems so there may be some that perform better but it would still be nice to just have an in game one. So, yes, it gets my vote. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Mervin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 pm

+1 Would use.
Mervin

Postby Kalacia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Maybe im being a grouch and only seeing the bad side of things.... but i don't see why the devs should spend time implementing something that won't be used as much as say... kingdoms, windmills, trapping etc.

Although if enough people will use it, even if it's not me. Amanda did made her point well, so If other more important things are implemented first... ill +1 this.
Kalacia

Postby Ukhata » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 pm

i would enjoy not only a local voice chat, but also a world voice chat :)
being able yto just talk to other hermits and friendly people would prolly help immensely for creating a community that protects each other from bandits and the like.
Ukhata

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas