Anti-griefing measures

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Anti-griefing measures

Postby KDXX » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:25 am

Seriously. I download the game, went through an hour of working with java to get it to work, played 6-7 hours to get a feel for this game. Then some fur wearing little turd came by and tore down my house. I couldn't even attack him! I even toggled crimes on so I could get some revenge. Nope "this would be a crime." What vandalizing my entire property wasn't?!

As someone who has played MMOs for years. Fix this now. NOW. Every game. EVERY Game that has ignored griefer issues has died painfully. Why? Because it drives away new players, no one wants to spent 2 hours building a house, to watch it get tore down after 30 mins and not be able to do a thing about it. Unfortunately, you've already lost this player, but maybe you'll learn from it.
KDXX

Re: Anti-griefing measures

Postby xTrainx » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:34 am

theres this thing called claiming, you see, it is used so people cant break your stuff, also a little thing called paliside that magically stop people getting near your stuff, amazing what a little reading can teach you, i say
xTrainx

Postby Glorthan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:43 am

There is an extensive anti-griefing system involving claims and a crime/scent system. Buildings being easily destroyed once they're first built is part of the anti-griefing system, to stop people from blocking in gates easily or similar.
Glorthan

Postby CloudJhi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:38 am

I'd love to just leave this with a haha, oh wow, but honestly, you've come to the wrong game buddy.
One core rule of Haven & Hearth: If it's unclaimed, it's fair game.
Read up on how the game works before you complain.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby VDZ » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:44 am

KDXX wrote:I couldn't even attack him! I even toggled crimes on so I could get some revenge. Nope "this would be a crime."

For 30,000 LP, you can learn the Rage skill. It allows you to not only attack, but even murder other players.
VDZ

Postby Granger » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:18 pm

VDZ wrote:
KDXX wrote:I couldn't even attack him! I even toggled crimes on so I could get some revenge. Nope "this would be a crime."

For 30,000 LP, you can learn the Rage skill. It allows you to not only attack, but even murder other players.

Given that you are able to overcome them in combat, else you'll die trying.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:20 pm

KDXX wrote:
As someone who has played MMOs for years. Fix this now. NOW. Every game. EVERY Game that has ignored griefer issues has died painfully.

oh you filthy casual, I'd love to destroy every single fireplace of yours
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Potjeh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:34 pm

If he was on your claim you could've attacked him. But since you couldn't I guess you don't have a claim yet, which means that the house wasn't really yours.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Best thing to avoid griefing is claim everything and walk around with strong combat cahrs.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:40 pm

KDXX wrote:Seriously. I download the game, went through an hour of working with java to get it to work, played 6-7 hours to get a feel for this game. Then some fur wearing little turd came by and tore down my house. I couldn't even attack him! I even toggled crimes on so I could get some revenge. Nope "this would be a crime." What vandalizing my entire property wasn't?!

As someone who has played MMOs for years. Fix this now. NOW. Every game. EVERY Game that has ignored griefer issues has died painfully. Why? Because it drives away new players, no one wants to spent 2 hours building a house, to watch it get tore down after 30 mins and not be able to do a thing about it. Unfortunately, you've already lost this player, but maybe you'll learn from it.

Hey KDXX,

Learning works both ways. :)

Yeah it sucks! What happened to you. But, as the others are saying, the game does have anti-griefing measures in place you just need to read up on it a bit and focus on the right areas. Not that I'm saying you won't get griefed early game, I've spent 3 wks getting no-where fast this world, lol, but I'm there now.
Just don't give up! It's worth it! The majority of us have learned the same way and we are all still here. :)

And to be fair every mmo that I have played has griefing and I've experienced worse in Tree of Life and H1Z1 ... I still play the latter but admittedly not the former, there really is no point in that game! :lol:

Haven has been going for quite a few years, :) , and it's just gone through some awesome changes and is still being actively developed, if you enjoyed the gameplay, bar the griefing, I'd urge you to come and try again, you have already learnt that you need to focus on getting yeomanry and establishing a claim to protect yourself before spending too much time on builds.

Sevenless guide was linked to you and I'd recommend giving that a run through. I hope you come back and give it another go. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas