Kudos on forum

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Kudos on forum

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:34 pm

ven wrote:
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:How would we contain people making alts to kudos people to the stratosphere or to the core of the earth?

Only allow jorbtar and active mods to vote. The community clearly can't be trusted with that power.

Going to divide this up into two separate scenarios

Community wise, I do not think this is a good system mainly because the current community seems to be encouraged to be very biased by the game flow of Haven and Hearth. I do not anticipate LadyGoo to +rep anyone from Sodom, Pandemonium, Bottleneck, Ainran unless they raise a really good (unanimous) issue. And let's not get started with the amount of reps being throw around in moot.

Mod wise, would this be more of a permanent version of a warning? I tend the purpose of the kudos in mods hands somewhat overlapping (albeit with some different) as well as neg-rep those that tries to avoid punishment by following rules to the letter while urinating on the reason why it would placed up. My only issue would probably be a wider rift between moderators and posters.

Kalacia wrote:but not just mods... have power users also. People who can be trusted to up or downvote. But not have mod powers.

As long as the power users don't see the reason why so and so was rep'ed or neg-rep'ed. Otherwise it would cause a bandwagon effect.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Onep » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Let's only give it to the hand full of chuckle fucks that I think are good enough. Yeah. Good idea.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 am

You guys act like someone with +1,000 rep from 0 post bot alt accounts would be hard to weed out. Anyone attempting to cheat the system would be trivially easy to weed out and warn/rep reset given adequate moderation tools. Give everyone a vote whether they like you or don't like you. Giving only an elite few the ability to decide what content should be considered gives an absolute bias that invalidates the point of the system. If you handed the power to mods only it'd be like mods pinning select users at the top of threads whenever new users came by and used the system to judge the quality of a post.
TeckXKnight

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:36 am

I did some brief posting in the Stardew forum (which is a subsection of the Chucklefish forum) and saw that they use a system (as well as Terraria forum) that allows people to post likes but no dislike system. Here is a bit of an example of today's post.

Would there be a downside to this ystem if imported to Haven?
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas