Mining and caveins

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mining and caveins

Postby tyrtix » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:56 am

I've just mined a safe wall, and a passage opened up to a coal vein (wow, finally found something!). So, no dust in any of the passage tile, i've tried to open up a bit more the passage around the vein and bam! a cavein (another in 2 days.. will make me play little for some time). If this is intended, it's really uncorrect, as the visible tiles should show dust if cavein is possible. Please fix that thing, it's bad to have 2 standards for a thing like this.
tyrtix

Re: Mining and caveins

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:01 am

tyrtix wrote:I've just mined a safe wall, and a passage opened up to a coal vein (wow, finally found something!). So, no dust in any of the passage tile, i've tried to open up a bit more the passage around the vein and bam! a cavein (another in 2 days.. will make me play little for some time). If this is intended, it's really uncorrect, as the visible tiles should show dust if cavein is possible. Please fix that thing, it's bad to have 2 standards for a thing like this.

I guess its not obvious, but only mined out tiles will show dust or not, the opened passage or crevice or w/e you want to call it, doesn't show dust, I always assume there will be a cave in along one of those if they open and I put up a support. Sucks though :(

having them show dust would be nice
smileyguy4you

Re: Mining and caveins

Postby tyrtix » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:06 am

the fact is that the tile that you mine directly may show dust, so it's hard to understand if the others may cavein or not; also, some of the opened new tiles were directly exposed from a previous mined one, really hard to tell if they may cavein or not. Obviously, if that happens, you know then... IF.
tyrtix

Return to Critique & Ideas