Security for Knarrs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Security for Knarrs

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:52 am

All of these are very cool, very good ideas I think. Probably the mooring is the best in the short term. But, if they want to add more maritime type features I think the boat ramp and the harbour might be cool.

I hope jorbtar agree...

I'll throw out one more idea. Someone mentioned living on boats. This idea appeals to me, esp. given the nature of the rivers on this map. If one storage slot of the knarr were to be occupied by a metal anchor with a metal chain, could that not also be a claiming device? Actually, that might be better than the mooring! No new models would need to be made - just icons to be put into slots.

It could act just like a pclaim - needing to be fed by curios, otherwise it would "rust" out; can only be place so close or so far from another anchored ship. The only difference is it would only apply to the ship (and the water it was on), and could never be sunk into the land. It would need to have the LP drained from it before it could be taken off the boat. It'd have to be something like 10 bronze, iron, or steel bars, and 30 heavy metal nuggets for the chain. Or somesuchthing.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Granger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:35 am

I guess the knarr is big enough by itself to block smaller rivers.

One thing that recently came into my mind: destroying active mounts (cart/wagon/boats/knarr with mounted driver) should generate vandalism scents, unless you are on a claim that permits you vandalism.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:06 pm

I wouldn't mind some sort of mooring solution, or being able to bring them up on land, or both, but the mooring probably would imply that they can be used to block rivers, which is something to at least be aware of.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:43 am

jorb wrote:I wouldn't mind some sort of mooring solution, or being able to bring them up on land, or both, but the mooring probably would imply that they can be used to block rivers, which is something to at least be aware of.

Certainly.

I don't know how easy it would be to prevent something like that. Maybe something like a knarr must have one end of it facing into deep water?
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas