Grape and Hop Gain

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Grape and Hop Gain

Postby Ysh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:04 pm

molenga wrote:I barely understood what you are saying I think...

So you are saying just because the crop is not needed for village progress we should make it take so bloody long to grow that no one will bother with it? Wouldn´t it be the same if they just removed it completly?

I think trellis crops should be handled differently than normal crops, they should be permanent crops that keep giving its products and instead of planting new plants using those the plant would grow in q over time, given you are feeding it with fertilizer of sufficient q.

This would make trellis crops much more enjoyable, since we could actually make permanent gardens that would not need to be replaced constantly for quality grinding.

I think some players enjoy long grow times. It gives them something to plan on long term.

You are not such a player. Would you not always complain that the slowest crop grows too slowly?

This long growing mechanic is not crucial for progress village. Village will never become blocked by grapes.

I hope this is more clear for you. Why take away from players who like these waiting?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby molenga » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Ysh wrote:
molenga wrote:I barely understood what you are saying I think...

So you are saying just because the crop is not needed for village progress we should make it take so bloody long to grow that no one will bother with it? Wouldn´t it be the same if they just removed it completly?

I think trellis crops should be handled differently than normal crops, they should be permanent crops that keep giving its products and instead of planting new plants using those the plant would grow in q over time, given you are feeding it with fertilizer of sufficient q.

This would make trellis crops much more enjoyable, since we could actually make permanent gardens that would not need to be replaced constantly for quality grinding.

I think some players enjoy long grow times. It gives them something to plan on long term.

You are not such a player. Would you not always complain that the slowest crop grows too slowly?

This long growing mechanic is not crucial for progress village. Village will never become blocked by grapes.

I hope this is more clear for you. Why take away from players who like these waiting?

I see no problem with crops growing slower, my problem is with crops that literally take so long that people simply disregard them completly.

It also pisses me off that when i plant berry bushes they are forever stuck on their original q, there is literally no way to make them increase in quality other than harvesting seeds, planting new bushes and cutting off the old ones.

I dunno man, That is simply not how nature works, these kind of plants grow larger and produce a lot more with age, not the opposite.
molenga

Postby Ysh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:21 pm

If nobody grows these crops it is balance issue for certain. But each player has different idea on which time is too long a time.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:37 pm

molenga wrote:
Ysh wrote:
The point is that these trellis crops take so much longer to increase in q it feels kind of broken in itself.

Guess some people might not care about waiting 2-3 weeks to harvest your crops, but that is annoying because the rest of the crops gets done in 1-2 days, depending wether you have beehives or not.

This makes the game boring, people will end up quitting the game because of stuff like this.

Even in legacy pumpkins were not grown by most farmers because of how bloody long they take to grow.

Heck, even the trees i planted the same day of the peppers yielded seeds already and the peppers are still not done.

This is not a fun game mechanic at all.

I think that some people can enjoy long term requirement planning. Maybe it is too long, but is there no room for growth exceeding mere days in time? What is the limit? Will you not complain about the longest thing when it becomes longest because that's its nature? I think trellis crops not needed for progress village.

I barely understood what you are saying I think...

wait wait, what are you talking about? that currently IS how grapes peppercorn and hops are right now. (i havnt ever been able to plant cucumber) only peapods need to be replaced every single time. after harvesting grapes, just wait a few days. they grow back.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby sabinati » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:44 pm

synaris wrote:
wait wait, what are you talking about? that currently IS how grapes peppercorn and hops are right now. (i havnt ever been able to plant cucumber) only peapods need to be replaced every single time. after harvesting grapes, just wait a few days. they grow back.

but they don't increase in quality...
sabinati

Postby molenga » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:45 pm

synaris wrote:wait wait, what are you talking about? that currently IS how grapes peppercorn and hops are right now. (i havnt ever been able to plant cucumber) only peapods need to be replaced every single time. after harvesting grapes, just wait a few days. they grow back.

Yeah, they do grow back, but they remain their original quality forever.

This should not be the case, as grapes actually are known to produce better fruits and in larger quantities with age. Right now you basically end up having several layers of trellis each with different qualities or you have to remove the old plants to grow new ones using the better q seeds.

Fruit trees and berries too, they should have a system that allows their quality to increase with age, given proper care and treatment is given to it periodically. I think this would make them more interesting as I would be able to create large permanent vineyards that i would simply have to maintain, rather than having several layers of temporary vineyards that will get outdated each new generation of grapes. :roll:

I dunno man, I dislike how some aspects of farming are handled in the game currently, I just think a better and more interesting system is possible.
molenga

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 pm

sabinati wrote:
synaris wrote:

but they don't increase in quality...

i didnt see him say that he wanted the same plants to increase in quality. anywho, its not like its hard to to cycle through a few trellis rows have like, 3 growing constant grapes and one growing a new batch.

although i would like to shift right click and auto plant crops on the trellis.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Onep » Sun May 22, 2016 4:35 am

Hello. Please consider?
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby ravenguard19 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Onep wrote:Hello. Please consider?

Will consider

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by Granger on Sun May 22, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: you know why

Because we can and we will.... die!
ravenguard19

Postby SacreDoom » Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 am

Signed.

With how streamlined non-trellis crop farming has become, the trellis crops just feel clumsy and cumbersome in comparison. Perhaps, alternatively,have the quality increase with every harvest, and make the yield of each harvest only 1-2 grapes, rather than 3, like it is for most crops? Would at least lessen the pain associated with farming grapes, in my opinion.
SacreDoom

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas