Grape and Hop Gain

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Grape and Hop Gain

Postby jorb » Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 am

I can perhaps see that it isn't working optimally as is, at least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby boreial » Mon May 23, 2016 8:55 am

As a Huggy Bear Farmer I have to agree that currently Peppercorn, Grape and Hops are an issue in the RNG scheme of current game mechanics, I for one don't mind the long grow times of some plants, however the "reward" for the wait is a little on the lean side for a week of wait time from planting either peppercorn or grape to maturity with no way of telling if the quality has risen or fallen and in the case of the former, if the rise is worth the wait or raze the current crop for a new seedling. perhaps for the long grow time crops the RNG can be increased to balance with the growth time, AND a way to inspect the crop to be inline with the mechanics of the field crop types would be possible?
boreial

Postby Onep » Tue May 24, 2016 5:18 am

I feel like this has become especially important with the introduction of beer and wine as staples into feasting.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jordancoles » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:28 am

Bump for trellis crop improvements

Harvesting and then adventure > destroying the crop off of the trellis to replant is just way too clicky and tedious. Trellis crops should only need to be planted once and they should raise or lower with every harvest in the same way that other crops do imo
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Valkir » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:23 pm

jordancoles wrote:Bump for trellis crop improvements

Harvesting and then adventure > destroying the crop off of the trellis to replant is just way too clicky and tedious. Trellis crops should only need to be planted once and they should raise or lower with every harvest in the same way that other crops do imo

Id be okay with a small gain, over no gain.
And to encourage normal replanting we could replant them every spring like every other crop.
Valkir

Postby AtoB » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Suggestion: quantity should slowly increase the longer perennials are planted, giving incentive to not replant them asap. That in addition to quality modification on each harvest.

@devs: in September it'll be three years that Onep has left us to linger behind, putting this anti-tedium into the game would be a hat tip in memoriam of a kind soul.
AtoB

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas