Return the cartoonic way of haven!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Return the cartoonic way of haven!

Postby lachlaan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:29 pm

If we want to constructively process even the poorly phrased criticism, ultimately we all want optimization, and more than lag I think the ease of interacting with objects is an issue. The ease of getting to the exact position you want when the camera angles + terrain angles make for weird movement interactions. And if people are bothered by the movement animation jorb could always spend some time changing it to have less swagger.
lachlaan

Postby spawningmink » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:07 pm

Are you like....12?
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby basuranephilim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Personally I was a bit disappointed to find out haven wasn't 2D with sprites anymore.

Maybe it's the part where I grew up with NES and SNES, but I think good sprites are timeless.

The 3D graphics currently aren't amazing, but they have a certain charm =)
Whitehill village recruiter
"Let me be cruel, not unnatural,
I will speak daggers to thee,
But use none."
basuranephilim

Postby Ysh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Point first: old game is still existing for those to pay a small fee
Point second: game does not lag badly on pc made of metal not wood
Point third: new graphics still maintain ''charming'' styles and will grow over you when given time and fair shake
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 pm

2d Haven used to lag a lot more (world 2-3) before we were able to get a long more smoother interaction between character and player through optimization.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:43 pm

yanno i played the shit out of w7. started rather late so me and my village had to get by, hiding and scavenging. our leader always had a backup plan. a place to retreat to if we got raided. i was worried about how my crap pc could handle the new world.

but after playing world 8 for a bit and now world 9 i have to say. i like the new world much better. the only real downside is the lack of stuff like beer that was in world 7. we have new trees new rocks new fish, new damn new everything. and can alter the landscape around us as we please. so i have to ask.

what would be the benefit of returning to 2d now?
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Bowshot125 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:48 pm

synaris wrote:yanno i played the shit out of w7. started rather late so me and my village had to get by, hiding and scavenging. our leader always had a backup plan. a place to retreat to if we got raided. i was worried about how my crap pc could handle the new world.

but after playing world 8 for a bit and now world 9 i have to say. i like the new world much better. the only real downside is the lack of stuff like beer that was in world 7. we have new trees new rocks new fish, new damn new everything. and can alter the landscape around us as we please. so i have to ask.

Leather bug.
Bowshot125

Postby synaris » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Bowshot125 wrote:
synaris wrote:yanno i played the shit out of w7. started rather late so me and my village had to get by, hiding and scavenging. our leader always had a backup plan. a place to retreat to if we got raided. i was worried about how my crap pc could handle the new world.

Leather bug.

and the oven bug, point goes to bowshot.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Karede » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Can we just go back to world 1 haven?
Karede

Postby Yoru » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:14 am

i dont even know what legacy is
Founder of Crestfall from W7 and W8
Member of the UNITE
I may be a former idiot, but that doesnt describe who I am now
Warning: I am not a troll shitposter. Please do not warn.
How the fuken fuck can boars can not be seen on map? I've almost fuken died!
Yoru

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas