Increase the capacity for metal stockpiles

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Increase the capacity for metal stockpiles

Postby Hasta » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 am

bolognaman wrote:
Hasta wrote:Not sure how would that work with an object that can contain other objects, though.

This already exists. It's called a crate. It also holds 2 buckets.

I was referring to stockpiling mechanic. Is there a way to stockpile crates or some similar objects that could have different contents? I don't think so.
Hasta

Postby bolognaman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:36 am

Hasta wrote:I was referring to stockpiling mechanic. Is there a way to stockpile crates or some similar objects that could have different contents? I don't think so.

Wagons, carts, leantos. Do you seriously want to stockpile things like crates and buckets? We already have liquid stockpiles in the form of barrels.
bolognaman

Postby Hasta » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:41 am

bolognaman wrote:Do you seriously want to stockpile things like crates and buckets?

I'm perfectly happy with what we have now, althou, as I have made perfectly clear, I wouldn't mind having a way to NOT lose my dropped bucket if pursuing a deer (or finding my way back) takes too long. Not that it's something I dream about at nights, neither I value my buckets over anything else. Just stated an opinion.

As for the person requesting a buckets stockpile, I am not clear on his stance about leantos and other things you've mentioned.
Hasta

Postby bolognaman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:50 am

Hasta wrote:I wouldn't mind having a way to NOT lose my dropped bucket if pursuing a deer (or finding my way back) takes too long

I can agree with that, although have you ever actually lost a bucket like this? In my experience, buckets seems to take quite a while to despawn (>10 minutes)
bolognaman

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 am

iv never actually heard of ANYONE making their smelters in a cave....

wooden chests can hold 36 bars of metal. and take up less space than the stockpiles. viola. bar storage outside. id say the point of stockpiles is "free" and limited storage, limited to one thing. i dont mind containers you have to craft being better.

also can someone explain the stockpiles hurting loftar thing? i dont get it...
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Sever » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:35 am

Metal stockpiles are stupid. Any stockpile that is larger than 1 tile is stupid unless it takes 9 tiles because it can't realistically be tiled neatly, like dirt or skins.

Bricks and ingots can be stacked neatly, so why do hearthlings have to pile them up so stupidly? Can you honestly call this frustration a good mechanic?

synaris wrote:also can someone explain the stockpiles hurting loftar thing? i dont get it...

jorb has to model them, Loftar has to make the item able to be stockpiled, which should be easy if he made some kind of dynamic stockpile functionality.

synaris wrote:viola.

Voila. This is a viola.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 pm

actually thats a violin but i digress. whats so hard about making the item stockpilable? if it has to do with coding in java, i told them back in w7 that java was a terrible thing to code games in. iv been on the receiving end of several games' bullshit due to them being coded in java....
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby sabinati » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 pm

only the client is java, the server's in c
sabinati

Postby linkfanpc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:41 am

bolognaman wrote:
Hasta wrote:I wouldn't mind having a way to NOT lose my dropped bucket if pursuing a deer (or finding my way back) takes too long

I can agree with that, although have you ever actually lost a bucket like this? In my experience, buckets seems to take quite a while to despawn (>10 minutes)

I once left one on the ground overnight and it was fine.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Sever » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 am

synaris wrote:actually thats a violin but i digress. whats so hard about making the item stockpilable? if it has to do with coding in java, i told them back in w7 that java was a terrible thing to code games in. iv been on the receiving end of several games' bullshit due to them being coded in java....

Oh, my mistake, I guess I'll post an actual viola then

Huh, that's weird, they look kinda similar, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm not sure where you got the idea that it hurts Loftar, but if it was this...
DDDsDD999 wrote:Loftar can only take so much abuse.

Then you have missed more than one joke in this thread.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas