Points of interest.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Points of interest.

Postby Clemence » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I was thinking of a way to make people go outside there walls, and not just forager alts.
There could be some shrine in specific points, that give 24h of study bonus when you visit them.
Place that couldn't be claimed or walled, like a litle island in the middle of a lac with many rivers.
Could be an interesting PVP hub.
Clemence

Re: Points of interest.

Postby basuranephilim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Yes and no.
I see how this theoretically would be a perfect pvp hotspot.
In reality I see it as a place where a strong band of people would build a camp near, and become only more powerful.
I think it would turn into a situation where people that are ahead, even further ahead, even if they couldn't build close by.

Expect people to powergame, always!

Wish I had some workable criticism, but at the moment I only see how it would NOT work, sorry ^___^''
Whitehill village recruiter
"Let me be cruel, not unnatural,
I will speak daggers to thee,
But use none."
basuranephilim

Postby Thedrah » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:41 pm

what if they were shrines that gave like 2-5% each and each one added on more? like 2, 5, 8, 12, 18, etc up to something like 25%

then some huge monster that would patrol and destroy everything within a few minimaps haha
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 am

they tried to make pvp hotspots with the ressources this world and it kinda failed.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Thedrah » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 am

we need stronger siege mechanics and the resources should be made differently

such as they should group closely together more so it's not 1-3 nodes per village but 5-8 so we have some more interesting build layouts
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:31 am

Thedrah wrote:we need stronger siege mechanics and the resources should be made differently

such as they should group closely together more so it's not 1-3 nodes per village but 5-8 so we have some more interesting build layouts

well we shouldnt debate about the siege mechanics. Everybody knows they are shit atm.

There would be fights at the ressources probably if there were actual spawn timers. If people knew at wich time it would respawn they would need to send larger groups to collect them and not just 1 person who farms everything empty. Also making them unclaimable and not removing existing claims did not help rly :D
mietzi94

Postby Thedrah » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:08 am

honestly it just made it take more to claim a resource. now it's an alt and village claim to secure one
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:31 am

Thedrah wrote:honestly it just made it take more to claim a resource. now it's an alt and village claim to secure one

well claims do not secure anything :D stealth is actually a rly good skill this world :P Ive seen people vandalizing for 2 pieces of salt :D
mietzi94

Return to Critique & Ideas