Claimed Localized resources.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Claimed Localized resources.

Postby Hasta » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:27 am

So, what's our stance on the subject? I've searched the forum and found few topics with people bitching about pre-fix claimed localized resources, and those people being told to get theft, stop being a pussy, and, overall, to go eff themselves (presumably, by people who have managed to claim quite a lot of LRs).

I'm not very comfortable with the idea of leaving myself vulnerable to murderers just because some game mechanics weren't thought through enough, but I can (and, in appropriate time, will) put some effort into gtting rid of claims over LRs in my vicinity. That is, if the devs are not planning to take any action on this particular unfortunate state of events whatsoever.

The reasonable course of action would be, in my opinion, to disown all claims not meeting the criteria of "not being over a natural resource node", making them belong to noone with all permissions flagged for everyone, so they lose their presence over time but, if someone is using the same claim as a protection for his base, that player will have enough time to move out and reconsider his selfishness.

If this is impossible and/or the developers are planning to leave this as it is, I suggest you consider this as a "critique" topic.

Re: Claimed Localized resources.

Postby Thedrah » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 am

this game is in alpha, the world will be wiped in time. last world only was around for 6 months or so. so all claims will be disowned in time.

for now, players can't do anything without staking out the claim for 3days -constant-. that is to destroy the claim and walls. i think to do as such requires brimstone for catapults unless rams still work. but that is a whole lot of trouble/time for what? something you could trade?
why not trade with the person? only salt seems worth the hassle of destroying the claim. clay appears only for larping, icicles take long time to respawn (afaik), healing roots take 1-3days to spawn and decay after 2days, brimstone is only used for catapults. few curiosity nodes, maybe they are better.

which resource do you want? if it's nearby, just build a vclaim over top of the resource, palisade in the pclaim and build a ram or get theft and make it so nobody can get the scents

i have 3 healing root nodes and a geyser, all on pclaims and one village claim. the healing root nodes are only convenient as any wound can heal otherwise. geyser is used only for pvp atm and as a hermit i'd prefer trading than pvp. i would trade any of them for a good curiosity node or all of them for a salt node
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Hasta » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:20 am

Thedrah wrote: ...get theft...

Thedrah wrote: ...i have 3 healing root nodes and a geyser, all on pclaims and one village claim...

Just pointing out that it's somehow always people with claimed LRs who rationalize it not being a big deal =)

I appreciate your input and your point is valid. The fact that I've discovered a few unclaimed LRs for my amusement helps too. I do hope the next wipe won't come in a few months, though. Kinda off-putting, with all the futility of everything and stuff.

So, I guess, the answer to my, now rendered effectively moot, question is "it's up to players to unclaim claimed LRs, there won't be any fix to this unless you consider a wipe being one".
Hasta

Postby VDZ » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:25 am

The idea behind the pclaim restriction was not that resources would never be claimed, it's just to make it actually take effort. You can still claim them by building unclaimed palisades or using vclaims, and as far as I'm aware, it's still the intention that we do so.

Also, pclaims can be revoked by placing a vclaim over them. The claims won't be permanent.
VDZ

Postby bmjclark » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:56 am

VDZ wrote:
Also, pclaims can be revoked by placing a vclaim over them. The claims won't be permanent.

They actually can't.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:01 am

VDZ wrote:The idea behind the pclaim restriction was not that resources would never be claimed, it's just to make it actually take effort. You can still claim them by building unclaimed palisades or using vclaims, and as far as I'm aware, it's still the intention that we do so.

pclaims can only be revoked if they were made after the vclaim was. This was to insure that no one would weaponize vclaims.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:12 am

Just get theft + stealth. The moment you have 130 perc x 70 explo and you cant even see your own scents will make you happy trust me ¦] Most of the ressources ive seen so far are not wallable tho.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Return to Critique & Ideas