Sad start after bug fix

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Sad start after bug fix

Postby nala1988 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:48 am

After today bug fix (16/03/2016 at 23:00 UTC) when I log in back to game my character was knock out by boar before I could do anything :(
I'm new player and this situation upset me since now I'm not able to treat my wounds.
It is really annoying when you got disconnected and when you log back you are already dead.

Could you pls add some safe time that animals will not attack you in situation like this or maybe make sure that wild animals will not spawn near to player who just log in (especially new and weak players).

PS: There was no boars in my range before bug fix DC.
nala1988

Re: Sad start after bug fix

Postby TheLoli » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:08 am

MightySheep wrote:Ha! Get good you shitter.

Hush or I'll scythe you. :|

And at least you didn't die to say boar. :3 I don't think it is that much of a major issue. Maybe a short timer when you log in where animals wont aggro you, unless you attack them first or said timer ends, like you kind of suggested.
TheLoli

Postby Glorthan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:19 am

Wild animals don't spawn on claims or in houses. If you log out in the wild, you can spawn with wildlife. Seems fair to me.
Glorthan

Postby TheLoli » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:53 am

Glorthan wrote:Wild animals don't spawn on claims or in houses. If you log out in the wild, you can spawn with wildlife. Seems fair to me.

That isn't their issues necessarily, but the fact that the server went down while they were out in the wild and they logged in only to be gored by a boar.
TheLoli

Postby stya » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 am

I can imagine much better situations, you were mining, a troll spawns. Server crashes, you log in and RIP miner :D
stya

Return to Critique & Ideas