Some way to cultivate forageables without farming

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Some way to cultivate forageables without farming

Postby Smoopadoop » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:01 pm

I had a thought of a village who had claimed a wooded area, and every day foraged through it for nettles for their poultices, berries for their pies, etc. But what if this village was big? What if they needed LOTS of berries to feed their dudes, lots of nettles to heal their (minor) wounds? Maybe in that area, they could spread a type of fertilizer to help forageables grow faster?

As to what ingredients make up the fertilizer, i do not know. But hows the idea?
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Re: Some way to cultivate forageables without farming

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Smoopadoop wrote:I had a thought of a village who had claimed a wooded area, and every day foraged through it for nettles for their poultices, berries for their pies, etc. But what if this village was big? What if they needed LOTS of berries to feed their dudes, lots of nettles to heal their (minor) wounds? Maybe in that area, they could spread a type of fertilizer to help forageables grow faster?

As to what ingredients make up the fertilizer, i do not know. But hows the idea?

If they need lots they can have lots of people. Lots of people can forage lots of items. Is this not a good solution?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Arcanist » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:49 am

They would just need to organise their foragers to go out every half hour and not any more.
Arcanist

Postby molenga » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Smoopadoop wrote:I had a thought of a village who had claimed a wooded area, and every day foraged through it for nettles for their poultices, berries for their pies, etc. But what if this village was big? What if they needed LOTS of berries to feed their dudes, lots of nettles to heal their (minor) wounds? Maybe in that area, they could spread a type of fertilizer to help forageables grow faster?

Berries are farmable using tpp and herbalist tables.

And I like the fact that some plants can only be foraged and not farmed, but I believe we should have some farmable medicinal plants introduced to the game, to give farmers a way of producing at least some healing items for villages.
molenga

Postby Smoopadoop » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 pm

molenga wrote:tree planter's pot

I meant blueberries oops
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby pedorlee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:07 am

Arcanist wrote:They would just need to organise their foragers to go out every half hour and not any more.

> implying people have no life

I think its a good idea.
But then heartlings wont go outside walls...
pedorlee

Return to Critique & Ideas