Taxidermy + Statues

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Taxidermy + Statues

Postby Ragnar214 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:31 am

Purely a home making cosmetic type thing.

But Stuffed animals that youve hunted. Would be cool to have a stuffed bear in my front hall, reception area :P.

Also carved Statues. Where you can carve a person including what they are wearing. Or any object in the game. Would take a long time to build one. Perhaps it can give some sort of bonus to your claim? Or village?
Ragnar214

Re: Taxidermy + Statues

Postby Ysh » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:39 am

Village statue is a thing, though I guess they are broken now. Being able with custom statue is neat. Taxidermy will also be neat. I can hope to posing the animal in some different ways.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby barra » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 am

A couple of different picture frames or custom tapestries/rugs would be nice too.
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:41 pm

barra wrote:A couple of different picture frames or custom tapestries/rugs would be nice too.

Prepare for penis-patterned tapestries.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby jorb » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Yeah, it'd be really cool, and I would like to do it. Not entirely trivial, doe.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby GamingRAM » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:43 am

Stuffed People/Players?

what?
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Burinn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:56 am

My father had our dog stuffed when she died and having it around everyday was heart wrenching. We eventually lost a good portion of our house from a fire, and thankfully she effectively got cremated like I had always wanted.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby wano987 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:30 am

As hill dwarf, I am strongly agree this.
(Stuffing sapient is just unthinkable, i.e. I would not think about that.)

Hmm. We need to:
1. Select object
2. If it have any animations - select an animation and it's moment.
3. Select size of target craft: medium (50% of hearthling), normal (100% of hearthling)

Additional crafting item - plinth. To make some statues more noticeable.
Additional usecase - mannequines. They have public-acessible equipment and it's clothes can be changed. But hand held items must be locked (like buckets, flute, etc).
Optional: moveable statues. Players may change it's animation and moment.

If it would accessible from the beginning (masonry skill) but may cause rock to crush into pieces (skill based) and requires amount of time near the whole rock chipping - it would be fair, and hardcore enough.

And on the end - it would be great like:
"This is fine statue of hearthling. Hearthling is laboring. Statue relates to settle of hearthling in High Mountains in W9."
or some more curious or active action depicted in stone/string supported wood covered with furs or cloth.
wano987

Return to Critique & Ideas