top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 am

gunterman9 wrote:Still waiting for more undead mobs like Draugr and skeletons.

more

There's already an undead mob in the game?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:37 pm

vatas wrote:

more

Nidbanes I guess??
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby shubla » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Nidbane is dead mob for me, never see them!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Stealthkibbler » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:51 pm

shubla wrote:Nidbane is dead mob for me, never see them!

I like to attach random scents I find at sea to dolmen fetters
Stealthkibbler

Postby TheServant » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:58 pm

mailing list to world resets and patches
TheServant

Postby AlexWanderer » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 pm

Make leather balls dye-able with pigments.
AlexWanderer

Postby animary » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 am

WowGain wrote:
vatas wrote:

more

Nidbanes I guess??

Nidbanes are virtually useless though. They can be killed by a good fighter.

Now I'm not arguing PvP here, and I've read all the devs had to say on that topic and understand their logic, but ... their logic applies to the real world where there are repercussions for malevolent acts. Havens condones, even endorses, random violence; this deters any social interaction in the game because "better safe than sorry", you hearth home the minute a white arrow appears on the map. Players brag of how they love to hunt sprucecaps, they attack other players randomly "because it's fun"; what would happen to people with such attitudes in the "real world" which the devs wish to emulate.

Back to nidbanes. I've mentioned making them invincible so they always destroy their target but many people are against this (mostly the serial killers, I assume). So, make them the Haven police. Make them easier to create, not invincible but they respawn a day or so after being destroyed. So you kill someone, or breach their pali, and they send a nidbane after you; you kill it, a couple of days later it's tracking you again, this continues until either your character is killed, becomes inactive, or the world ends. If your character is truly antisocial, a serial killer perhaps, you could end up with numerous nidbanes after you, constantly tormenting you. Now such players face realistic repercussions for their actions. Even if you only kill one person, consider that nidbane your conscience, hounding you the rest of your life in that world.
animary

Postby vatas » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:10 am

animary wrote:Nidbanes are virtually useless though. They can be killed by a good fighter.

Now I'm not arguing PvP here, and I've read all the devs had to say on that topic and understand their logic, but ... their logic applies to the real world where there are repercussions for malevolent acts. Havens condones, even endorses, random violence; this deters any social interaction in the game because "better safe than sorry", you hearth home the minute a white arrow appears on the map. Players brag of how they love to hunt sprucecaps, they attack other players randomly "because it's fun"; what would happen to people with such attitudes in the "real world" which the devs wish to emulate.

Back to nidbanes. I've mentioned making them invincible so they always destroy their target but many people are against this (mostly the serial killers, I assume). So, make them the Haven police. Make them easier to create, not invincible but they respawn a day or so after being destroyed. So you kill someone, or breach their pali, and they send a nidbane after you; you kill it, a couple of days later it's tracking you again, this continues until either your character is killed, becomes inactive, or the world ends. If your character is truly antisocial, a serial killer perhaps, you could end up with numerous nidbanes after you, constantly tormenting you. Now such players face realistic repercussions for their actions. Even if you only kill one person, consider that nidbane your conscience, hounding you the rest of your life in that world.

People would just rack up as many murders and other crimes as they could, then suicide to reset the nidbane counter to zero.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby WowGain » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:57 am

animary wrote:Back to nidbanes. I've mentioned making them invincible so they always destroy their target but many people are against this (mostly the serial killers, I assume). So, make them the Haven police. Make them easier to create, not invincible but they respawn a day or so after being destroyed. So you kill someone, or breach their pali, and they send a nidbane after you; you kill it, a couple of days later it's tracking you again, this continues until either your character is killed, becomes inactive, or the world ends. If your character is truly antisocial, a serial killer perhaps, you could end up with numerous nidbanes after you, constantly tormenting you. Now such players face realistic repercussions for their actions. Even if you only kill one person, consider that nidbane your conscience, hounding you the rest of your life in that world.

this is really the kind of shit that sprucecaps think would be a good idea and somehow are incapable of comprehending that it would be used exclusively to make spruces' lives hell
lmao
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby DonVelD » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:40 pm

animary wrote:Nidbanes are virtually useless though. They can be killed by a good fighter.

ideas like these are what makes people kill every person they meet because its very probable that they're retarded, just stop and rethink your choices lmao

consequences and remorse doesn't exist
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas