top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:10 pm

SwordForTheLord wrote:
animary wrote:Did not the devs' own thread say they allow rampant PvP because it is "real world"? But I see this is just another thread where dissenting opinions are not allowed. You get to cherry pick the logic that feeds your "twisted psychopath" desire to kill everyone in sight simply because they are there, but those people cannot have real world logic of repercussions against you. That speaks volumes.

Enjoy your "fun".

And this is why this amazing game will remain in the 100's and 1000's rather than 100,000's of members. I return to this forum every few years to see if they change their minds. sadly, no. This would be one of my all time favorites if I could play in peace.

as you can see the pvp community and their supporters are extremely toxic

thankfully they are the vast minority of the playerbase, I think there are only about 20 pvpers left in the community now, and a few rogue pvp supporters (but we don't really count them)

it shouldn't be too long before its fully removed from the game and the real players can enjoy haven without broken and silly mechanics 8-)
Zentetsuken

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:31 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:at the beginning of the world, when factions are fighting for territory

dagrimreefah wrote:fighting for territory

Why are you so hard for concept of faction PVP? You've so clearly never participated in it. Is this like a manosphere thing or something?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:23 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
dagrimreefah wrote:at the beginning of the world, when factions are fighting for territory

dagrimreefah wrote:fighting for territory

Why are you so hard for concept of faction PVP? You've so clearly never participated in it. Is this like a manosphere thing or something?

I have participated in it, retard. In multiple worlds. Also, I really don't care for it, so another dumb assumption falling flat...

Why are you so gay and whiny?
dagrimreefah

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:29 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:manosphere thing

nail on the head. Lots of internet tough guys enjoy pvp the same way they enjoy sexual/relationship success: only theoretically

doesn’t stop them from whinging and blathering about how it “Should Be”
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:30 pm

bumfrog wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:manosphere thing

nail on the head. Lots of internet tough guys enjoy pvp the same way they enjoy sexual/relationship success: only theoretically

doesn’t stop them from whinging and blathering about how it “Should Be”

rent free, seething bitch 8-)
dagrimreefah

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:24 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:unprompted insults

Sigh, not this again.

Look, I’m not trying to spark outrage. I am simply agreeing that the absolute removal of PVP would vastly improve the game.

There’s no logically sound reason to emotionally infuse your responses in a civil discussion. Can’t we all just get along?

Back on topic: it would be bad to have a separate pve server, as some have suggested. Dividing the playerbase across two concurrent game worlds would only kill the game even worse. I propose we keep the single server, and make it a no-pvp server for everyone.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:36 pm

bumfrog wrote:
dagrimreefah wrote:unprompted insults

Sigh, not this again.

Look, I’m not trying to spark outrage. I am simply agreeing that the absolute removal of PVP would vastly improve the game.

There’s no logically sound reason to emotionally infuse your responses in a civil discussion. Can’t we all just get along?

Back on topic: it would be bad to have a separate pve server, as some have suggested. Dividing the playerbase across two concurrent game worlds would only kill the game even worse. I propose we keep the single server, and make it a no-pvp server for everyone.

100% agree

there is no need for every pvp discussion to be derailed by people who get upset these discussions are not created to upset people they are created to brainstorm the future of this game and try to turn it in to something that the majority of players would enjoy

if pvpers want to continue to pvp there is so many pvp games out there for the pvp community to migrate to and i wish them the best honestly i hope they have fun
Zentetsuken

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:51 pm

This game has about the same PvP risk as Ultima Online, yet there are free servers that see 2500+ players average daily. UO is over 25 years old. PvP is not holding the player population back.
dagrimreefah

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:01 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:Ultima Online

Apples to oranges.

Haven and Hearth with PVP had its chance for over a decade, clearly it’s proven to be a failed experiment. Isn’t SafeHaven worth a shot, just to see if it could be a better fit?

The game is in alpha, after all.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby hollyfire » Mon May 22, 2023 11:57 am

so. I think pvp is great, but as a player I want to have some safe place to avoid pvp.
and my idea is simple - state of province.
if a province is at war, PVP is allowed.

this will attract warriors eager for battles and easy loot.
and this will push peaceful peasants to leave this place.
also realm will had more power. it's mean regular army (or king's guards) for resolve that attack. economics functionality will also upgraded by value of players opinion.

so, anyone will get some:
pve players get peaceful place for his farm and mines
pvp players get battle experience and his fun.

as they say - and the wolves are full and the sheep are whole.

anyone who devalues pvp forgets about other people's fun.
hollyfire

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas