top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Postby SwordForTheLord » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:03 pm

animary wrote:Did not the devs' own thread say they allow rampant PvP because it is "real world"? But I see this is just another thread where dissenting opinions are not allowed. You get to cherry pick the logic that feeds your "twisted psychopath" desire to kill everyone in sight simply because they are there, but those people cannot have real world logic of repercussions against you. That speaks volumes.

Enjoy your "fun".

And this is why this amazing game will remain in the 100's and 1000's rather than 100,000's of members. I return to this forum every few years to see if they change their minds. sadly, no. This would be one of my all time favorites if I could play in peace.
SwordForTheLord

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:32 pm

surely if they just removed PVP (they already did) the game would have tens of thousands of concurrent players (it doesn't)
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Clemins » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:58 am

Clemins

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:44 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:surely if they just removed PVP (they already did) the game would have tens of thousands of concurrent players (it doesn't)

Amazing how Jorb and Loftar were able to design an environment where high level PVP is effectively removed but you can still grief the snot out of people who possibly aren't even aware that this is a hardcore PVP game.

To play devil's advocate, siege is inherently asymmetrical and hard to balance due to the fact that you can completely raze everything to the ground after breaching the walls.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:57 am

SwordForTheLord wrote:And this is why this amazing game will remain in the 100's and 1000's rather than 100,000's of members.

You're 100% wrong, pvp (at least the way you describe it, i.e. the ability to directly attack another player) doesn't keep players away except for maybe the occasional crybaby bugboy pussy like yourself. In fact, that's when the population is at it's peak: at the beginning of the world, when factions are fighting for territory and competition is high. Once the dust settles and everything is established, it's basically farming and grinding quality. That's when people stay hidden in their walls which is boring as fuck, then people feel burnt out (since there is no reason to fight because resources and land have been claimed) which is why the population suddenly drops*.

*This would've been slightly mitigated by siege but we all know what happened to siege...
dagrimreefah

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:11 am

SwordForTheLord wrote:
animary wrote:Did not the devs' own thread say they allow rampant PvP because it is "real world"? But I see this is just another thread where dissenting opinions are not allowed. You get to cherry pick the logic that feeds your "twisted psychopath" desire to kill everyone in sight simply because they are there, but those people cannot have real world logic of repercussions against you. That speaks volumes.

Enjoy your "fun".

And this is why this amazing game will remain in the 100's and 1000's rather than 100,000's of members. I return to this forum every few years to see if they change their minds. sadly, no. This would be one of my all time favorites if I could play in peace.

congrats you officially got 50% of the entire active PVPing community to reply to you. (this is only 2 people, vatas was just playing devils advocate and dagrimresh just likes angerposting)

also, don't worry, playercount has been over 1000 (by a dozen or so) for like 8 days in the entire history of this games online time, usually just the first day or so

the average playercount is more like 200 at best and it is definitely partially due to the devs creating a game jampacked with decorations, fluff, larp and farmville stuff but keeping an ancient broken version of pvp stapled to it.

only about 1% of the playerbase at any given time wants, cares about or engages in pvp

it's only a matter of time before it is removed completely
Zentetsuken

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:35 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:seetheposting

wtf is "the pvp community" anyway? Just people who disagree with your stupid take?

Anyway, I haven't really even "pvped" this world at all. I'm just not retarded and understand that removing players' ability to directly attack one another (what morons like you think constitutes the entirety of pvp) won't get rid of griefing even to the slightest.
dagrimreefah

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:50 pm

+1 to the removal of pvp

pro-pvp users, please do not create a cacophony of noise by voicing your disagreement
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:37 pm

Jorbtar logic applied to vanilla wow private server:

"PvP is too unbalanced, so we are removing Battlegrounds."

"Server is still PvP instead of PvE, have fun getting corpsecamped by a level 60 player."

"We are sticking to the original Blizzard ruleset that is extremely lenient on "griefing" because those were written with the idea that player opted in by choosing PvP over PvE server."

"We are not providing a PvE server alternative."

Fun fact: most of the autists in charge of vanilla WoW servers do the last two anyway :)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:13 pm

bumfrog wrote:+1 to the removal of pvp

pro-pvp users, please do not create a cacophony of noise by voicing your disagreement

rent free
dagrimreefah

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas