top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Postby Granger » Thu May 19, 2016 10:10 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Did Jorb give a solid yes to seasons?

What I have gathered they are on the long-term plan.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Amanda44 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:34 am

Granger wrote:

Ooh, exciting ... seasons would be great! :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Thu May 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Granger wrote:

Ooh, exciting ... seasons would be great! :D

Jorb saying yes to something doesnt mean that it's coming anytime soon.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Amanda44 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Yes, Shubla .. I know .. :)

It's also probably why Granger says they are on the long term plan ... :P

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be exciting tho ... well, unless Jorb implements things like freezing to death or dying from sunstroke ... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Porterwake » Thu May 19, 2016 2:23 pm

arakell wrote:Are those your own preferences, Porterwake, or actual knowledge of what's going to be implemented?
Either way, I completely agree with the list - if it's the latter case, even better :)

Its my opinion. The Knarr problem can EASILY be solved with creating new items chain and mooring block. Right click the Knarr with the chain, and then right click the mooring block (which can have a lock installed on it) and the knarr is chained to the land and is locked away from stealing.

Seasons hell yeah, but I can't imagine the time to program it.

I don't know who would suggest the idea of capturing or enslaving. I know they are trying to make it as real for survival as possible, but entertainment value is important and if you allow a function for your character to get captured or enslaved, fuck that.
Porterwake

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:02 am

Amanda44 wrote:Doesn't mean it wouldn't be exciting tho ... well, unless Jorb implements things like freezing to death or dying from sunstroke ... :lol:

That... WOULD be exciting.. What's the point of seasons without seasonal threats?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 am

To look pretty ... :D

Seriously ... I don't mind seasons having certain affects, on crops for example, hearthlings having to adjust to the weather in some way, clothing, fires, food, water ... or sustaining effects that may need healing but I really don't want to add fatalities ... there is enough time spent on healing in the early days and walking around for ages with lowered stats without the threat of death from the weather ... personally I find all that boring and time consuming when there are things you need to be getting on with to get up and running.

Later on you have all the means of both avoiding injuries and healing yourself if you do get them, but, early game it would just result in even more tedium and loss of players.
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:51 pm

Amanda44 wrote:To look pretty ... :D

Seriously ... I don't mind seasons having certain affects, on crops for example, hearthlings having to adjust to the weather in some way, clothing, fires, food, water ... or sustaining effects that may need healing but I really don't want to add fatalities ... there is enough time spent on healing in the early days and walking around for ages with lowered stats without the threat of death from the weather ... personally I find all that boring and time consuming when there are things you need to be getting on with to get up and running.

Later on you have all the means of both avoiding injuries and healing yourself if you do get them, but, early game it would just result in even more tedium and loss of players.

I think it would be cool to have seasons effect your character negatively however what they should do is make it so that the more ingame days you spend in biomes with certain seasons the more you adapt to those season and the less effect those seasons then have.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby deutch » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:31 am

Trellis.
Why in the construction trellis (6 pieces) so quickly falls stamina?

The street cabinet (shed).
It would be nice to get a shed (like in Salem). Some items (such as cucumber) do not lie in heaps, and it is necessary to carry out of the house cabinets, which regularly disappear.
deutch

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 am

deutch wrote:Trellis.
Why in the construction trellis (6 pieces) so quickly falls stamina?

It used to be worse.
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas