Cravings

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cravings

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:30 am

Every day, you get a new craving for a certain food, like satiations. What they do is set it at 100% (Maybe even 125%) for the day, and cannot go up or down. Eventually it goes away and returns to the satiation it was at before.

For instance, you have a 80% satiation for meat, then one day you have a craving for meat, and the meat satiation is set to 100-125% for the day. The next day, the meat goes back to 80% and vegetables get set to 100-125%.

Maybe the effect goes away after eating enough of that food, and you need to wait until the next day for a new craving.

Just an idea i had a while ago and never got around to making a topic about. You tell me how it sounds and any ideas you have for it.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Re: Cravings

Postby ricky » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:40 am

cool for casual nabs, but the upper echelon of haven society have no need for bonuses; their bonii are already at 125% constantly.

Its a great idea, but i think the implementation you're suggesting wouldnt be effective. perhaps if cravings effected some other aspect of feasting, such as hunger reduction
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:48 am

ricky wrote:cool for casual nabs, but the upper echelon of haven society have no need for bonuses; their bonii are already at 125% constantly.

Its a great idea, but i think the implementation you're suggesting wouldnt be effective. perhaps if cravings effected some other aspect of feasting, such as hunger reduction

Yeah, you're right. Maybe that particular food is immune to any change from hunger? Or, at least, aren't as de-buffed by it.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

linkfanpc

Postby ricky » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:52 am

linkfanpc wrote:
ricky wrote:cool for casual nabs, but the upper echelon of haven society have no need for bonuses; their bonii are already at 125% constantly.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe that particular food is immune to any change from hunger? Or, at least, aren't as de-buffed by it.

that's a good idea. all craved foods receive the 300% ravenous bonus. that would really help out the common nab. again, the upper echelon wont benefit from this as much, but fuck em'.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:16 am

ricky wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:

that's a good idea. all craved foods receive the 300% ravenous bonus. that would really help out the common nab. again, the upper echelon wont benefit from this as much, but fuck em'.

#supportdahermits

linkfanpc

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:46 am

I remember jorb/loftar actually considering this in the past, and I think this wouldn't be too bad to implement.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby SacreDoom » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:28 pm

While it's a neat idea, I feel like we're also approaching territory where what determines FEP bonuses consists of so many systems it's almost as overwhelming as the combat system to a new player. I mean, variety bonus, satiations, hunger, (not quality anymore). I like the idea in concept, though, having it change every in-game day would make sense. We need more interaction between food types in general, as well, though.
SacreDoom

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:50 pm

SacreDoom wrote:While it's a neat idea, I feel like we're also approaching territory where what determines FEP bonuses consists of so many systems it's almost as overwhelming as the combat system

I agree that there is a distinct risk of overcomplexity, where a fair bit of that complexity doesn't really pull its weight in terms of added variance and differentiation.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas