Install location?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Install location?

Postby Fevix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:44 am

I installed the game, played a while, then closed out, and I can't figure out where the game is installed to launch it again. The initial autohaven.jnlp file deleted itself, how do I relaunch the game?
Fevix

Re: Install location?

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 am

In your Downloads folder. Alternatively, you can:
- Press Play button again on the forum;
- Use custom clients that will make your gameplay in hafen 1000 times easier. You can find them in the Wizard's Tower
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby sMartins » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 pm

You can go in your Java control panel, press view and from there you can create a desktop shortcut of H&H.
Customs clients are shit, don't use them.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm

sMartins wrote:Customs clients are shit, don't use them.

Pls ignore this ... unfortunately smartins can't see the wood for the tree's, bless him. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby sMartins » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Amanda44 wrote: can't see the wood for the tree's

Interesting figure of speech .... that shows very well how you English guys think.
That in Italian would assume a bad meaning, cause when you are not able to see anymore the tree, but you see only the wood, you lose the soul of that thing, his real value ... in short you won't be able anymore to see the beauty of the nature, but only the practice, the very basic humans needs.

In italian we use different figure of speech to say that, like watching at the finger and not at the moon ... that of course makes much more sense to me.

Btw i was serious, customs sucks, don't use them.
sMartins

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 pm

The meaning in English;

"If you can't see the wood for the trees, you can't see the whole situation clearly because you're looking too closely at small details, or because you're too closely involved".

"smartins is so focused on his own needs (beliefs) that he can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to the overall needs of the community".

sMartins wrote:
Btw i was serious, customs sucks, IMO.

:D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby sMartins » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:21 pm

Amanda44 wrote:The meaning in English ...
:D

Yeah yeah, i figured it out the meaning, i looked for it on the web.
But the fact is the opposite of what you beleive ... i say that cause i watch at the big picture, and how exciting and awesome this game would be if first of all we'll be everybody at the same level, with no alarms and shits ... and not cause i watch only at my needs or details.
The fact is this game is a MMO and not a sigle player game, every cheat, trick, etc.. is bad for the whole community, and of course for the game itself ... how i have already explained many times, i can explain you deeper through pm if you need.

An also i would suggest to mods to allow customs clients talks only on the Wizard tower, so we can avoid people suggesting them to new players, ruining their first experience with the game and more important ruining the popularity of the game ( you can cheat, you can use bots, alts to do that ... all of this ruin the game)

P.S. Maybe i'll write this on plea for moderation, so mods read it.
sMartins

Postby Fevix » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I have no intention of ruining the game for myself, nor using bots or cheats. All I asked was where the game files saved to.

I saved the autohaven file to my desktop. When I ran the game, the file deleted itself. The most recent file modified in my Downloads folder was almost a month ago.

I don't want to have to download the client for every play session.
Fevix

Postby Granger » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Fevix wrote:I have no intention of ruining the game for myself, nor using bots or cheats. All I asked was where the game files saved to.

The client program and resources are cached by Java in the location you have configured for temporary files in your java control panel.
The data for the ingame map is stored in %AppData%\Haven and Hearth (in Windows, ~/Haven and Hearth on unix style systems).

I saved the autohaven file to my desktop. When I ran the game, the file deleted itself. The most recent file modified in my Downloads folder was almost a month ago.
I just tried it, the file didn't delete itself.
Simply right-click the play button, 'save as' and put the autohaven.jnlp you get to a location of your liking - click to play.

Nevertheless, I suggest you give Amber a try as it adds quite some features that make the interaction with the game world way easier and more fun (among others the ability to always display the quality of the items in inventory grids).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Fevix » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Granger wrote:
Fevix wrote:I have no intention of ruining the game for myself, nor using bots or cheats. All I asked was where the game files saved to.

The client program and resources are cached by Java in the location you have configured for temporary files in your java control panel.
The data for the ingame map is stored in %AppData%\Haven and Hearth (in Windows, ~/Haven and Hearth on unix style systems).

I just tried it, the file didn't delete itself.
Simply right-click the play button, 'save as' and put the autohaven.jnlp you get to a location of your liking - click to play.

Nevertheless, I suggest you give Amber a try as it adds quite some features that make the interaction with the game world way easier and more fun (among others the ability to always display the quality of the items in inventory grids).

Third time's the charm I suppose. THIS time it didn't delete itself, but the past two times I launched the autohaven deleted itself from my desktop.
I'll certainly try Amber, though.
Fevix

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas