Credo perks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

change credos skill level up into buffs.

Postby fishlord123 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:29 pm

hearthlings with high skill level can save a lot of LP with credos level up compared to newborn hearthlings. +10 skill level is just 2~3k LP for new hearthlings, but 100k for the ones who's already got 100 ish skill level.

changing the credos skill level into buffs will solve the problem. not sure it was intended tho.
fishlord123

Re: change credos skill level up into buffs.

Postby loftar » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:46 pm

It works as intended, for the following reasons:
  • There's a meaningful choice to be made whether to take a credo earlier or later depending on whether you want the effects now or whether you want to save even more LP later.
  • Having the base values incremented means they also affect inheritance.
  • It gets around the no-more-than-twice-base-value effect that just buffing the value would have.
  • As a buff, having a credo would mean having a perpetually and unconditionally buffed value, which I found to be ugly.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Fostik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Im ready to say that 2-3k lp for newb is the same for player who have 100ish stats and need 100k to raise.
Anyway, gildings, gear and kingdoms are quite overcrowded with buffs, so this is very hard to raise enough white stats for gain full bonuses.
There are no need for even more green bonuses, really.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Zomad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:32 am

Alternative Have it so it doesn't effect LP kinda like some sorta Pseudo-Buff, increases white stat without the LP cost increase, or look like 10Creed+(Base)+(Bonus)
Zomad

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:31 am

loftar wrote:There's a meaningful choice to be made whether to take a credo earlier or later depending on whether you want the effects now or whether you want to save even more LP later.

Wait as long as possible for credos that give meaningful stat buffs while doing those that you only get for the tangible effects. I don't really like that type of gameplay tbh
loftar wrote:Having the base values incremented means they also affect inheritance.

Is that really a good thing?
loftar wrote:It gets around the no-more-than-twice-base-value effect that just buffing the value would have.

Is that really a good thing? I'd rather people have to invest some LP, rather than just completing some quests.
loftar wrote:As a buff, having a credo would mean having a perpetually and unconditionally buffed value, which I found to be ugly.

Eh, it's already like that with gear, and a better UI could be implemented
DDDsDD999

Postby SacreDoom » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm

I feel like current system penalises you needlessly as well. You may mask this as "making a decision", but in the end it just demotivates actively pursuing credos in early gameplay, especially since you can't pursue several credos at once, so you're locked into one at a time.
SacreDoom

Postby Zomad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Doesn't it also make dying much more horrible because now you have higher Abilities/FEP stuff, and now you have credos that you can't re-invest in and higher uneven stats, it just seems weird to do it this way.

Like I'm not that far or late in the game since i joined late but it feels like the credos system can ruin a character if it dies.
Zomad

Postby loftar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:28 pm

SacreDoom wrote:You may mask this as "making a decision", but in the end it just demotivates

Having a choice usually means that there are reasons against it, yes. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a choice. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby algorithm » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:20 am

loftar wrote:Having the base values incremented means they also affect inheritance.

So it means that, for ex. if I have 20 surv(21000 total invested) and additional 10 from credo = 30(46500 total) after death i will have around 20 white surv + 10 from credo = 30 surv again?
Or if I have 10 surv + 10 from credo = 20(21000 total lp) after death it becomes 13 + 10 from credo = 23 total? Death will ups my surv?
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Working as intended.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas