Cistern Cart/Wagon

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Cistern Cart/Wagon

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm

senx wrote:Just let us port with a wagon. Shit if a knarr can port, a wagon that is smaller should also. Knarr porting is stupid but hell if one can why not have all travel ability to port

Ya, not sure why wagons can not port like Knarrs.
Mario_Demorez

Postby azrid » Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 pm

azrid

Postby borka » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Don't forget to make the Cistern Cart liftable ... otherwise it would be to tedious to fill at the well ... ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 pm

borka wrote:Don't forget to make the Cistern Cart liftable ... otherwise it would be to tedious to fill at the well ... ;)

Who said it would be able to be filled at the well? This is actually just a thread to make it where wells can only fill a container by 10L at a time.
Mario_Demorez

Postby borka » Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 pm

just filled 100L irony ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby sabinati » Thu May 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Fierce_Deity wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I'm not necessarily against the idea of a "water wagon," but I don't think it would make sense to pick the wagon up and click the water source to fill it, so you still have to juggle something to fill it. At that point, isn't it just about the same effort to manage a cart or wagon?

Carts are not so bad as far as pulling out the contents goes, but opening the UI of a wagon over and over is grating. Same for the knarr. There should be a way to just grab an item out without interacting with the inventory UI. Would make unloading anything much less of a headache. I wouldn't expect a water wagon/cart to be able to fill up instantly from a well or water source, you would still use a barrel there. The difference is you wont have to make a barrel for every slot, and you wont have to click as much to get the job done. Reducing clicks is a good thing!

I think the correct fix is to make the wagon and knarr UI stay open unless the user closes it or moves too far away
sabinati

Postby discospaceman » Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm

cart with 6 barrels at your water source + 1 carried overhead + hearth back is plenty enough.
discospaceman

Postby MooCow » Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 pm

discospaceman wrote:cart with 6 barrels at your water source + 1 carried overhead + hearth back is plenty enough.

I don't think it is appropriate to decide for somebody else, what they need. A cistern wagon, pulled by ox, that is filled one barrel at a time is a good addition

There should be more additions like this. It facilitates trade without requiring instant teleportation
MooCow

Postby sabinati » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm

MooCow wrote:
discospaceman wrote:cart with 6 barrels at your water source + 1 carried overhead + hearth back is plenty enough.

I don't think it is appropriate to decide for somebody else, what they need. A cistern wagon, pulled by ox, that is filled one barrel at a time is a good addition

There should be more additions like this. It facilitates trade without requiring instant teleportation

how is it better than the current wagon if the current wagon had a UI that stayed open?
sabinati

Postby MooCow » Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 am

It is better because you don't need to make sure you filled all 20 barrels. Is this a moment where I learn that you can tell if a barrel has liquid in it while in a wagon?
MooCow

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas