FEP overflow

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

FEP overflow

Postby vatas » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Do you think it would be a good change if when eating food that gives more FEPs that the bar can hold then it would be applied to new bar instead of being wasted completely? To balance it out there could be some percentage deducted per every fill, perhaps up to half of the overflow.

Example: fresh spawn eats 100 FEP food (after the ravenous bonus) it would gain one attribute increase and have half of the overflow (90/2=45) left that would give second attribute increase leaving (34/2=16) enough for another third increase and (4/2=2) points to fill the bar.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Re: FEP overflow

Postby shubla » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:17 pm

High quality food would be more valuable to people with lower stats.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fostik » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:30 pm

By the way, this will be fair. Why shall you suffer full penalty for your hunger and satiations, but your fep bar will receive only part of food feps?
+1 to the idea
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby shubla » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Fostik wrote:By the way, this will be fair. Why shall you suffer full penalty for your hunger and satiations, but your fep bar will receive only part of food feps?
+1 to the idea

Good alternative would be to affect hunger and satiations only for the amount that you actually got feps in your fep bar.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fierce_Deity » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:43 pm

I'd be okay with either of these solutions, but at the same time I don't think its much of an issue. Would certainly be nice to have
Fierce_Deity

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:06 am

Didn't they do something like that with Salem and the Inspirationals at some point? You got the (or one of the) stats that got filled, and the rest only fell down a fraction of it (half if I recall). If any were still full, they also dinged, repeat as necessary. It seemed pretty popular when it was implemented. i'm not sure what effect it had on the overall development of characters.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:11 am

only down side is it would be easier to make alts tho i dont really see it as a problem.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby pawnchito » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 am

This is a decent idea. Might make the earliest part of the game go real fast though. From a casual perspective, I'd still be getting massive amounts of benefit from this as my quality has climbed beyond my stats.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 pm

I probably should have done this when reset was announced, but alas, bump.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Still a fine idea. Helps the small players catch up through trading with bigger ones. +1
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas