Looking into lowbie death rate.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Looking into lowbie death rate.

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:29 pm

Zbyx wrote:Never was an outlaw and knocked out since the change where you can log out and hearth back when KO

On today's episode of "I argue against people who suggest changes to mechanics I have no clue about".

Zbyx wrote:Also , Idk what is wrong with you man to try to find absolutely any reason to offend me in some way , especially since i don't really do the same and even doing the opposite - trying to keep discussion respectful and civilized as much as possible. Maybe your life is not going well and everything makes you annoyed/stressed/angry real fast so my wish to you is for it to get better.

See previous quote
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Zbyx » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:49 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Zbyx wrote:Never was an outlaw and knocked out since the change where you can log out and hearth back when KO

On today's episode of "I argue against people who suggest changes to mechanics I have no clue about".

Zbyx wrote:Also , Idk what is wrong with you man to try to find absolutely any reason to offend me in some way , especially since i don't really do the same and even doing the opposite - trying to keep discussion respectful and civilized as much as possible. Maybe your life is not going well and everything makes you annoyed/stressed/angry real fast so my wish to you is for it to get better.

See previous quote

I have quite a bit of experience and that makes me qualified enough to discuss it, and if you disagree then you are wrong and probably feeling too much entitled.
You could have just pointed out normally the part about the outlaw that i missed, there is absolutely no need to berate.
Zbyx

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:01 am

Zbyx wrote:I have quite a bit of experience and that makes me qualified enough to discuss it, and if you disagree then you are wrong and probably feeling too much entitled.
You could have just pointed out normally the part about the outlaw that i missed, there is absolutely no need to berate.

You're part of the reason we can't have nice things. I'm not entitled to anything, but it's people like you who blindly and furiously jump to arguing against good suggestions because of the "awful inconvenience" of clicking one button to cancel teleportation, while the upside of the suggestion would be literally saving other people from dying to the most retarded shit we literally have no control over.

You're not the only one doing this, not the first one, not the last one.

You don't see me arguing against good changes for mechanics I have never experienced, let alone stuff that would literally help anyone at the cost of 1 extra click.
If you're so experienced at foraging and not getting knocked out by badgers, why would you care about that one extra click anyway? Do you have to die to this stupid crap before you finally agree with it? Why are all of you like this?
Nightdawg

Postby Zbyx » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:55 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Zbyx wrote:I have quite a bit of experience and that makes me qualified enough to discuss it, and if you disagree then you are wrong and probably feeling too much entitled.

You're part of the reason we can't have nice things. I'm not entitled to anything, but it's people like you who blindly and furiously jump to arguing against good suggestions because of the "awful inconvenience" of clicking one button to cancel teleportation, while the upside of the suggestion would be literally saving other people from dying to the most retarded shit we literally have no control over.

You're not the only one doing this, not the first one, not the last one.

You don't see me arguing against good changes for mechanics I have never experienced, let alone stuff that would literally help anyone at the cost of 1 extra click.
If you're so experienced at foraging and not getting knocked out by badgers, why would you care about that one extra click anyway? Do you have to die to this stupid crap before you finally agree with it? Why are all of you like this?

Not entitled but you sound like your experience of the game matters more than of other people for some apparent reason.

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit about me... anyway....

Maybe in some cases it is worth the risk? There should be a choice for that because you may not always want to hearth. A choice for that in settings would be best option for everyone probably.
Zbyx

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:39 am

I think people fail to see the difference between being an outlaw and dying and being an outlaw and dying because of something you can't control outside of the game (like a dc).
If you are outlawed and get KO'd people steal your shit and you gonna hearth anyway so you might as well auto hearth (with the option to toggle it off or a button to stay or something). If you get KO'd from an animal and you are outlawed, I doubt you want to log back in infront of a bear with 1shp... well maybe you want to then toggle it off.
Pommfritz

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Zbyx wrote:Maybe in some cases it is worth the risk? There should be a choice for that because you may not always want to hearth. A choice for that in settings would be best option for everyone probably.

Literally what I'm arguing for and what you've been arguing against. But there should not be any case in which crashing/electricity shortage/internet downtime should be "wOrTh tHe rIsK".
I don't mind being able to toggle it on/off, as long as I HAVE AN OPTION for my outlawed character to hearth home if I get knocked out while I'm disconnected.
At least you finally changed your opinion after understanding the mechanic you never experienced.
Nightdawg

Postby Zbyx » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:24 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Zbyx wrote:Maybe in some cases it is worth the risk? There should be a choice for that because you may not always want to hearth. A choice for that in settings would be best option for everyone probably.

Literally what I'm arguing for and what you've been arguing against. But there should not be any case in which crashing/electricity shortage/internet downtime should be "wOrTh tHe rIsK".

If you travel with a lot of trading goods or stolen things and you happen to get dc and knocked out by an animal you may want to return to your location instead of hearthing home. Especially if that is an alt.

What i was arguing about was :
You offered to change from "Always DON'T Auto Hearth" to "Always DO Auto Hearth" and that is good for YOU and people similar to YOU but not necessarily for everyone else. All it would do is shift annoyance from one people group to the other and that is NOT OK.
Zbyx

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:27 pm

Zbyx wrote:If you travel with a lot of trading goods or stolen things and you happen to get dc and knocked out by an animal you may want to return to your location instead of hearthing home. Especially if that is an alt.

What i was arguing about was :
You offered to change from "Always DON'T Auto Hearth" to "Always DO Auto Hearth" and that is good for YOU and people similar to YOU but not necessarily for everyone else. All it would do is shift annoyance from one people group to the other and that is NOT OK.

Zbyx wrote:Message is probably not clear/visible enough for people to hearth back or log out, in my opinion only visuals should be changed and nothing else.

ok
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:48 pm

If you're arguing purely around outlaw I suspect a far better demand is the removal of outlaws staying in the world while logged out. It serves no real purpose except to get free kills on disconnected people, in my opinion. Likewise, if offline outlawed people hearthed after being KOed I suspect they would still regularly die when KOed by another player. Plus it'd be nice to be able to just logout somewhere for 10 minutes and take a shit without hearthing home.

The actual topic of this thread is certain mechanics not being intuitive enough for new players under significant stress to be able to interact with them properly, though. Personally, it's my pretty firm opinion that all of the obscure(there are a lot) way to kill people should be removed & the HHP damage from attacks should be 50-60% without murderous rage.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zbyx » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:If you're arguing purely around outlaw I suspect a far better demand is the removal of outlaws staying in the world while logged out. It serves no real purpose except to get free kills on disconnected people, in my opinion. Likewise, if offline outlawed people hearthed after being KOed I suspect they would still regularly die when KOed by another player. Plus it'd be nice to be able to just logout somewhere for 10 minutes and take a shit without hearthing home.

The actual topic of this thread is certain mechanics not being intuitive enough for new players under significant stress to be able to interact with them properly, though. Personally, it's my pretty firm opinion that all of the obscure(there are a lot) way to kill people should be removed & the HHP damage from attacks should be 50-60% without murderous rage.

It does have a purpose , it stops log out/log in surprise attacks from being a lot more common thing.
Zbyx

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas