Spring is actually the worst season

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Spring is actually the worst season

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Hasta wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:I have all the mats for my great hall bar the h-leather so am now just trawling the swamps daily looking for candleberries as my two skeps just don't cut it. Lol.

Offtopic but won't do it in PM on the offchance someone else may find it useful:
As my villagers discovered few days ago, they ninja-remade wild beehives to act more like anthills (newly spawned bees don't aggro immediately if you're already raiding the hive) which makes wild hives A LOT more accessible. Also they drop several times more loot than before. if you're able to deal with 1-2 bees, you may set up a beeskep farm of 20+ in a single day.

Hey Hasta, thank you, yeah I have been raiding them but have been so unlucky, either nothing in them at all or never ending bee spawns, lol, but I did, today, manage to at least get one more skep built from them. And a wonderful neighbour loaned me 10 candleberries and 3 wax .. Only 8 more h-leather to go now! :)

bitza wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:

"yes, but you see, we added coltsfoot to make up for all that" - the devs, probably

:lol: ... so true!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Seasons are like the store page. People complain at first but then stop.
Devs probably think!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 20, 2021 12:06 am

Spring is still the worst season
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 20, 2021 12:07 am

jordancoles wrote:All seeds should be back by day 3-5 of spring.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Procne » Thu May 20, 2021 7:26 am

jordancoles wrote:Spring has all of the downsides of winter without the only redeeming quality of kicksleds. No seeds, limited foragables, no fast travel on land anymore. The only good thing is that my minimaps aren't as eye-rapey now.

But the rivers are traversible again and you still get a shitton of foragables that were missing in winter - river mussels, flowers, bumblebees, lady's mantles, frogspawn, clovers. You don't need to play with a pickaxe to get leeches or fish. Trees might not have seeds but at least they regrow leaves and boughs. And you can resume farming and tree planting
Procne

Postby jordancoles » Thu May 20, 2021 8:19 am

Procne wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Spring has all of the downsides of winter without the only redeeming quality of kicksleds. No seeds, limited foragables, no fast travel on land anymore. The only good thing is that my minimaps aren't as eye-rapey now.

But the rivers are traversible again and you still get a shitton of foragables that were missing in winter - river mussels, flowers, bumblebees, lady's mantles, frogspawn, clovers. You don't need to play with a pickaxe to get leeches or fish. Trees might not have seeds but at least they regrow leaves and boughs. And you can resume farming and tree planting

Most people plant all of their seeds before winter arrives, which means in the spring you don't really have access to your logs. You know the trees will produce seeds again soon, so it isn't worth cutting them down until that happens. This creates a situation where you are sitting on your hands waiting to progress for way too long, imo

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby vatas » Thu May 20, 2021 10:41 am

Why aren't there frogs and toads during spring?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Kaios » Thu May 20, 2021 11:06 am

Or Cattails. Though they generally bloom in Summer, having that extra source of string during the Spring season would be rather beneficial.
Kaios

Postby Valgar » Thu May 20, 2021 12:30 pm

I agree that Spring is really a passive season, not having the seeds/fruits from the tree for the whole season is really boring.
Time to release Skateboards dudes to make it more fun ! :)
Valgar

Postby azrid » Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Spring hardships can be bypassed by careful planning.
Hermits and small groups chose their fate already by not making friends.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas