please just fix mystic.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: please just fix mystic.

Postby MadNomad » Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 am

Tamalak wrote:Wait what.. what is that best bonus, the slightly faster study speed??

yes, 5% for going through this kind of pain XD
kek
MadNomad

Postby Oddity » Mon May 04, 2020 8:09 am

Pills wrote:Every single world the same complaints are made about mystic and i'm pretty certain the dev's have never once completed the credo.

Most things in the game would be a lot different if the devs' also played the game.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Pills » Thu May 07, 2020 6:25 pm

I've just had to abandon 9 quests in a row because i know i would be waiting upwards of a week to complete each one of these fucking stupid "Experience" quests.

Seriously devs, listen to your players and fix this, its not just one person complaining about it, its several people every single world and you constantly ignore it and then you wonder why people stop playing your game. Shit like this actually makes people just say "fuck this game" and quit playing because its so frustrating to take one step forward and then 9 back because of these absolutely stupid quests.

jorb wrote:I have completed Mystic.

Was that when you could suicide to get 2 quests per level? if not, did you actually complete every single quest without abandoning a single one and without using any dev cheats at all to progress through it and within a reasonable timeframe?
Pills

Postby ErdTod » Thu May 07, 2020 7:44 pm

I'm just hopping in to say that my friend whom I've signed to play HnH this world for the first time completed Mystic. As a third credo, and they all took her two month to compelte because she's a new player, but it turned out that she thought that getting curios and opium was much harder than experience events. She claims to have not abandoned a single quest. She was using village experience area to shuffle experience events as I taught her, and looks like it went for her as hard as fisherman.
ErdTod

Postby Pills » Thu May 07, 2020 8:22 pm

ErdTod wrote:I'm just hopping in to say that my friend whom I've signed to play HnH this world for the first time completed Mystic. As a third credo, and they all took her two month to compelte because she's a new player, but it turned out that she thought that getting curios and opium was much harder than experience events. She claims to have not abandoned a single quest. She was using village experience area to shuffle experience events as I taught her, and looks like it went for her as hard as fisherman.

Opium can be "hard" sure if you're not already prepared, but curio quests are easy for the most part, as for "shuffle experience" please explain more, i still don't actually believe such a mechanism exists to get experience events faster for natural resources as its only been mentioned like 3 times in the history of the forum and nobody ever actually explains it.

I stand by that experience quests are the worst and I support that with the search function of the forum proving how hated they are. I got "experience ancient windthrow", walked to one and clicked it etc, didn't get it, abandoned, same fucking quest, abanadoned, "experience a talking tree" i had that yesterday, "windthrow" again, "talking tree" again etc etc to the point where i abandoned 9 quests to get another "do-able" quest.

Experience events are cancer and need removing from the game to be honest. Replace them with "go and see" and it would be fine, but quests to trigger experience events are enough to make people quit the game. Don't understand how the dev's don't see this.
Pills

Postby ErdTod » Thu May 07, 2020 8:59 pm

I believe that there's such a mechanic implemented.

- Experience was kinda made to limit usage of characters that don't play and are just fed curios, i.e. making it hard to make fighter-alt army.
- Experience events are obtained through playing the game and performing various activities.
- So you can't just spam-click lifting a thing up or w/e it was made so that you have a certain list of events you can get, making spam-clicking for one certain event useless.
- By triggering different other events, you make the chance to trigger your sought event higher.
- So if you tried clicking on a willis and didn't get "by weeping willows" event, you can try to go plant a tree, fell it, dig some soil, uproot a bush, craft something, drink some water, sit down, lift thing, visit a cellar, kiss someone etc. - and you'll get one of the related exp events, shuffling your "predefined list" - then you can click the willow again, and it might give you the needed event.

I can't say I'm 100% sure that it is exactly how it works, but following that did help my friend with mystic.
ErdTod

Postby Pills » Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 am

ErdTod wrote:I believe that there's such a mechanic implemented.

- Experience was kinda made to limit usage of characters that don't play and are just fed curios, i.e. making it hard to make fighter-alt army.
- Experience events are obtained through playing the game and performing various activities.
- So you can't just spam-click lifting a thing up or w/e it was made so that you have a certain list of events you can get, making spam-clicking for one certain event useless.
- By triggering different other events, you make the chance to trigger your sought event higher.
- So if you tried clicking on a willis and didn't get "by weeping willows" event, you can try to go plant a tree, fell it, dig some soil, uproot a bush, craft something, drink some water, sit down, lift thing, visit a cellar, kiss someone etc. - and you'll get one of the related exp events, shuffling your "predefined list" - then you can click the willow again, and it might give you the needed event.

I can't say I'm 100% sure that it is exactly how it works, but following that did help my friend with mystic.

What a super fun game mechanic.

Alternatively, they can just remove the most hated quests in the game that have been known to make people literally just quit because of how ridiculous they are and how disgustingly frustrating it is to reroll 9 fucking quests in a row because of these.
Pills

Postby MagicManICT » Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 am

ErdTod wrote:I believe that there's such a mechanic implemented.

it's called an "Experience Farm" and Dis got a mini-nuke for overdoing it with bots (or something like that) in w10 shortly after realms were implemented. Not a lot of specifics have been mentioned on it, but it's pretty much as you put it. I think jordancoles even had one in one of his videos he posted. It works for some experience events, but doesn't seem to hurry along others, like "talking tree" or local resource events.

I'm not going to say anyone here is wrong on the matter. Jorb just doesn't seem to want to move an inch. It is definitely highly subjective on whether some of these credos, mystic especially, goes quickly or slowly, no matter how many quests you need to complete it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pills » Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Jorb just doesn't seem to want to move an inch. It is definitely highly subjective on whether some of these credos, mystic especially, goes quickly or slowly, no matter how many quests you need to complete it.

It's not the number of quests thats the problem (okay maybe the number of quests is a bit of a problem eventually) but in this instance its literally just "Experience quests" that is the problem. Mystic can take "reasonably long", sure, it can do that with the other quests it has like "study X curiosity" etc, but experience events are just down right bad for the game, bad for player experience, bad for player fun, bad for engagement, literally just bad on every possible front they could have, there is not one positive thing about "experience quests" existing, and every world we see the exact same complaints from several people.
Pills

Postby Pills » Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 am

Once again, 3 quests in a row that are impossible to achieve if i don't wait upwards of a week as I got the experience events it wanted me to get, 3 TIMES IN A ROW, 3 IDENTICLE QUESTS FROM ABANDONING, because i had the event yesterday.

Mystic is seriously making me reconsider why i even bother supporting this game and honestly i don't even know why i'm continuing to play it with how down right fucking frustrating shit like this is and yet the dev's continue to refuse to listen to their players.

I have been pursuing mystic for almost 2 months now at just 12 quests per level, this is not acceptable.

The fact that the dev's refuse to even comment on how they can possibly think these quests have any sort of place in a game other than "its supposed to be hard lol" or "but i finished it that one time lol" is beyond a fucking joke.
Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas