please just fix mystic.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: please just fix mystic.

Postby Amanda44 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:40 am

Really, I feel for you ... we have been complaining about mystic since it came out and to think I was once excited about it!

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Ohhh, looking good ... the mystic one is appealing ... :)

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:33 am

Potjeh wrote:
Curios are fine, at least you know just how timegated you are. With experience quest there's no telling, and it took me like a RL week to get an experience as basic as "Sensing the Beast". And abandoning doesn't do shit, because there's more than 50% chance your next quest will be an experience as well.

Exactly! I'm now on wk 2 of 'crashing through the forest', 2 hrs this morning of wandering around trying to see one ...

jorb wrote:Disagree. I think there should be timegates, and I also think that there should be some game and consideration given to conceding tough quests and roll for easier ones.

loftar wrote:
You do know that you can abandon a credo pursuit, right? Not saying you should, but you make it sound as if you couldn't.

Amanda44 wrote:
To me the option of abandoning a quest just feels like giving up ... I don't seem to be able to do it. And with the credo quests I read somewhere it sets you back rather than just replace ... I've not abandoned one so not entirely sure what happens, but that doesn't feel like a viable option, esp when the same quest could pop up again later.

I get the timegate reasoning though tbh.

jordancoles wrote:I'm waiting for the mystic miner credo to ask me to study a troll skull x3 :roll:

Lol, pls don't, I've already been worrying about the mining ones ...

Amanda44 wrote:
Mystic is such an awful credo to get, I've been on it for like a month now, would be nice if it then goes towards something extra special, lol. A jeweller credo sounds nice, only I suspect that would involve mining out some good gems, which is another sore point with me, I seem to live in an area that has no gem nodes on any level!

Amanda44 wrote:
:) ... the fishing one is easy, wait until you get to the mystic one, I have spent wks on it now because of abandoning stupid quests! I wish I'd never started it! :cry:

Re: longest credo quest

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Mystic is a nightmare, the problem being if you do abandon the lore experience ones they just reoccur ... I waited two wks for the Dryad one, abandoned it and then got it again a quest or two later. I have been waiting about 2 months now for the Heartwood tree one, in spite of visiting 6 trees almost daily and the only reason I've waited this long is because it is the last one and I had 5 other requests in the main quest, all of which I've completed, abandoning it now just seems pointless when I'll get another batch and probably another lore one in with it ... and tbh I'm so fed up with it I actually no longer care less about stupid credo's! :evil:

Re: Wich credo for start?

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:47 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Well, we (I say we... haven't quite got to it yet...) are going on the promise that there will be something beyond Mystic at some point that will be worth the trouble, but TBH will probably be a bigger headache than even Mystic.

:lol: ... well, I'll be stuck on mystic until W11 at this rate so ... I can let you guys find out. :P

:lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ErdTod » Sat May 09, 2020 9:30 pm

I abandoned quests on other credos too multiple times in a row as well. Like quests that ask to study a bad or a long curio. Or usually both bad and long. Sometimes ones that require to find a rare animal, etc. If all quests would be kinda equally easy/hard - i.e. take X time to complete at most, we'd be having lads with all credos after few month. And full forum of people complaining that nolifers are too strong because they have enough time to get all the credo bonuses, while you have time to only play few hours in the evening.

If you play actively, you probably can afford abandoning. If you're somewhat chill, you can afford waiting that day or two for a curio or event to happen. Could this be done less frustrating without the sensation that you are loosing progress because you've had bad dice roll? Probably. Is dice rolling bad though? I don't think so, it's gambling - and gambling is somewhat fun. This mechanic is kinda OKaish.

Don't be lazy and build an experience area, it's not too hard and it does work to shuffle the exp events and make desired one appear in a reasonable time.
ErdTod

Postby Pills » Sat May 09, 2020 10:46 pm

ErdTod wrote:I abandoned quests on other credos too multiple times in a row as well. Like quests that ask to study a bad or a long curio. Or usually both bad and long. Sometimes ones that require to find a rare animal, etc. If all quests would be kinda equally easy/hard - i.e. take X time to complete at most, we'd be having lads with all credos after few month. And full forum of people complaining that nolifers are too strong because they have enough time to get all the credo bonuses, while you have time to only play few hours in the evening.

If you play actively, you probably can afford abandoning. If you're somewhat chill, you can afford waiting that day or two for a curio or event to happen. Could this be done less frustrating without the sensation that you are loosing progress because you've had bad dice roll? Probably. Is dice rolling bad though? I don't think so, it's gambling - and gambling is somewhat fun. This mechanic is kinda OKaish.

Don't be lazy and build an experience area, it's not too hard and it does work to shuffle the exp events and make desired one appear in a reasonable time.

Alternatively, understand that people have been nuked for having an exp area before,

also, i never once said there shouldn't be hard quests. I'm perfectly fine with study quests that are multiple days long etc existing, do you know why? Because you know EXACTLY WHAT THAT QUEST IS, however, expereince quests are so fucking vague and ambiguous because no information is available at all to know if i can get the quest finished or not. Simply put, literally every single other quest in the game you know exactly what the requirement is and when you will be able to unlock it the moment you see the quest, except for experience event quests.

They are bad, dumb, frustrating, hated by that majority of the players and are just bad design and should be removed from the game.

Take my pervious quest, i had "study 2 adder fangs" i abandoned this because i didn't really want to wait 3 days for a quest to complete, but I knew EXACTLY that it would take 3 days.

My next quest "exprience "By Weeping Willows", now, i have a willow tree literally next to my house, and i got this event 2 days ago, this means that for the next week or so i need to arbitrarily just keep clicking on this fucking tree until the event fires to complete this quest.

Not hard, not difficult, requires zero skill or preperation or anything, just completely and utterly fucking annoying and terrible gameplay and mechanics.
Pills

Postby ErdTod » Sun May 10, 2020 2:29 am

Yeah, I see your point. Fair enough. I'd still suggest not removing experience events from quests, but at least make the chance of required event high if you have quest for it. That way you just have to know what you need to do...
ErdTod

Postby nero1141 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:47 pm

ErdTod wrote:Yeah, I see your point. Fair enough. I'd still suggest not removing experience events from quests, but at least make the chance of required event high if you have quest for it. That way you just have to know what you need to do...

iI can see how some players will abuse this to get more experience events, so its not a good solution in my opinion,
better to give players events guests they just have avaible to get, its not so abusable, and its a bit less annoying, because you know what you need to experience
nero1141

Postby Pills » Mon May 11, 2020 8:45 pm

wow just logged in after getting "study enthroned toad x2" to "experience "ancient windthrow"

tried to see if i could trigger the event on 3 different trees, nope, abandoned, "experience sensing the beast" i had this 2 days ago, abandoned, "experience ancient windthrow"

but its ok because the devs say "its supposed to be hard lol and i've done it once before"

I've almost regressed an entire level now because of these fucking quests. Seriously devs, fix this shit, you will 100% lose players to this existing for yet another world. The fact that you don't understand this and think this is still ok to be in the game is honestly mind blowing. Honestly how do you not see how completely fucking soul destroying these are when you're trying to progress in this game?

Its gotten to the point for me where now I log in, look at what bullshit mystic throws at me and log straight back out again, honestly i doubt i'll even bother renewing my subscription because mystic is pushing me to just quitting this world already with how stupid these quests are.

Word of advice to anyone else still enjoying this world and plans to get mystic, don't start mystic unless its the 3rd credo you do and have 6 quests per level, otherwise it'll just make you fucking hate this game.
Pills

Postby Hasta » Tue May 12, 2020 7:52 am

Pills wrote:you will 100% lose players to this existing

Because obviously everyone who's someone absolutely have to have this credo and the game is litreally unplayable without it.

I stopped reading at that point, can't relate anymore. You overestimate your pain and suffering over this.
Hasta

Postby Pills » Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Hasta wrote:
Pills wrote:you will 100% lose players to this existing

Because obviously everyone who's someone absolutely have to have this credo and the game is litreally unplayable without it.

I stopped reading at that point, can't relate anymore. You overestimate your pain and suffering over this.

Okay sure, believe what you want but ultimately if a game like haven wants people to stay engaged and keep playing then it needs to be rewarding in doing so. When quests get as obnoxiously tedious as experience event quests are then you start driving players away from frustration.

If you actually read what i said, i said "you will 100% lose players" not "you will lose 100% of your players". Big difference in those two sentences. I did not say "everybody will do mystic, everybody will get this pissed off and everybody will leave" I implied that those who do eventually do mystic, will inevitibely hit this same threshold of bullshit experience quests and will almost certainly drive some people away from the game because oh how frustrating it is to take one step forward and 10 steps backwards every other day on a game as long-lasting as haven can be.

Sure, many people will not do mystic, but those who do will be affected by this, and those that are affected are those that may just leave.
Pills

Postby Procne » Tue May 12, 2020 4:04 pm

I think it wouldn't be that big of a problem if not for the competitive nature of the game. When people are pitted in a rat race then they get greatly annoyed that some of them get lucky with an easier route, and some others not. Which brings only frustration instead of enjoyment from the trip. Time gates are fine if they work the same for all participants.

The example brought up by jorb with time gated crops is thus inferior, as crops growth times are universal to all players.

Now, personally I don't mind that sometimes quests are harder or easier. I would rather prefer the competitive aspect to be removed instead, but oh well ^^
Procne

Postby Hasta » Tue May 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Procne wrote:crops growth times are universal to all players

Didn't they add "faster/slower growth nodes" along with "quality cap nodes" for crops?
I definitely see several adjacent tiles on one side of my flax field always being late compared to all the rest.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas