please just fix mystic.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: please just fix mystic.

Postby stya » Wed May 13, 2020 12:55 am

Hasta wrote:
Procne wrote:crops growth times are universal to all players

Didn't they add "faster/slower growth nodes" along with "quality cap nodes" for crops?
I definitely see several adjacent tiles on one side of my flax field always being late compared to all the rest.

They definitely did yes, also universally bad credos is bad for everyone... doesn't mean we shouldn't get universally good credos :roll:
stya

Postby Pills » Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm

It now seems to be every other quest i get is "Experience 'Ancient Windthrow'"

to the point where i can't tell if the RNG is just so bad its always giving me this specific quest or if the devs are playing some shit joke on my account because of how much they refuse to accept how universally hated these quests are.

The stranger part is that i actually can't even remember the last time i triggered this event, yet everytime i get the quest i walk over to the nearest one to see if it'll trigger and it never does.
Pills

Postby vatas » Fri May 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Pills wrote:It now seems to be every other quest i get is "Experience 'Ancient Windthrow'"

to the point where i can't tell if the RNG is just so bad its always giving me this specific quest or if the devs are playing some shit joke on my account because of how much they refuse to accept how universally hated these quests are.

The stranger part is that i actually can't even remember the last time i triggered this event, yet everytime i get the quest i walk over to the nearest one to see if it'll trigger and it never does.

Character Sheet -> Skills & Lore -> Lore to see list of lore events. The lower the Ancient Windthrow is listed the longer time it has been (they are listed in order of most recently experienced. To elaborate, one-time events are (or will eventually be) in the bottom.

Not a clear answer but should give you some clue.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pills » Fri May 15, 2020 11:31 pm

vatas wrote:
Pills wrote:It now seems to be every other quest i get is "Experience 'Ancient Windthrow'"

Character Sheet -> Skills & Lore -> Lore to see list of lore events. The lower the Ancient Windthrow is listed the longer time it has been (they are listed in order of most recently experienced. To elaborate, one-time events are (or will eventually be) in the bottom.

Not a clear answer but should give you some clue.

Looks like there is either a bug with ancient windthrow or my account is just incapable of every triggering it again i guess since its the 5th one i ever triggered according to this
Pills

Postby matsui1713 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:37 pm

i have finished mystic as my 7th credo and it took 12 days.
my strategies were:

1. filling up my study desk with all curios related with mystic; seer's, talisman, hand impression, toad, etc.
2. if "study" is required, halve its time by contemplation and meditation
3. all experience quests are abandoned if one shot doesnt trigger the event

in fact almost all of experience events should be abandoned
count clearing 1 quest not as 1 but as 0.3 or 0.4.
if you should clear 30 quests for example, it means you should clear 80 or more.

im now in wandering sage credo as 9th and 85% done in this way
matsui1713

Postby Pills » Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 am

matsui1713 wrote:in fact almost all of experience events should be abandoned

This is why they should be removed or reworked.
Pills

Postby Reiber » Fri May 21, 2021 8:30 pm

nearly every damn credo has autoabbandon quests, thats why people need different timeframes too complete them, you cant say, "well 24 houres from now i finish my credo"(exept its your last quest and you have too study something)
you might do 25 quests for an creedo you might need too make 48 , thats how it works, its surely not the most enjoyable mechanic, but that is true for mostly any creedo. mystic might give you experience x and you have no idea how, miner might require you too get some shrifterz too some t5 questgiver and questmarkers are bugged showing him 200000m from its actuall location,
you might get "harvest 50 grapes" week 1 or make 25 molehide pans and you are on an continent without an singlemolebiome.
oh and good luck with "bring riverpearlgoblet to x " or anything simliar, by far exeeding the quest rewards.

mystic is no difference in that, btw maybe if you hate mystic so, maybe dont do it for your 8th creedo perhaps?
Reiber

Postby Liss12 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:28 pm

Reiber wrote:nearly every damn credo has autoabbandon quests, thats why people need different timeframes too complete them, you cant say, "well 24 houres from now i finish my credo"(exept its your last quest and you have too study something)
you might do 25 quests for an creedo you might need too make 48 , thats how it works, its surely not the most enjoyable mechanic, but that is true for mostly any creedo. mystic might give you experience x and you have no idea how, miner might require you too get some shrifterz too some t5 questgiver and questmarkers are bugged showing him 200000m from its actuall location,
you might get "harvest 50 grapes" week 1 or make 25 molehide pans and you are on an continent without an singlemolebiome.
oh and good luck with "bring riverpearlgoblet to x " or anything simliar, by far exeeding the quest rewards.

mystic is no difference in that, btw maybe if you hate mystic so, maybe dont do it for your 8th creedo perhaps?

What you are saying is every credo is equally shitty. "Autoabandon" quests shouldn't be a thing in the first place ffs.
Liss12

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas