Smoked Meats - Expanding the Autism

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Smoked Meats - Expanding the Autism

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu May 07, 2020 11:50 am

WARNING!!! YOU ARE ENTERING THE

We just got smoked meats and holy shit is it ever a super autistic, expansive bunch of content for all of us to sift through.

I am honestly very happy with the implementation and think it's pretty fun how "all in" the devs went with the 1000s of new potential combinations to try.

However, with the current implementation I believe that the ridiculous expansiveness can be furthered even moreso!

Brine & Marinade

A tub similar in functionality to a tanning tub should be implemented to brine and marinade meat in.
This could be a great use for salt water and oil and a further use for the many herbs in the game.

Brining and Marinading meat cuts prior to smoking is pretty common practice and could add a further layer of combination and interactions!!!

Drying & Jerky

Drying racks in their current implementation would work just fine for this and it's something that has been asked for 1000 times and talked about even more.

JERKY!!!!!!

Smoking is the common practice that comes before drying meat for jerky. I think now is the time to go all in and add some super fun next-level ways to use meat.
With the current implementation of smoking and its ability to lower the hunger % I honestly still don't think that lowering the hunger further and changing the feps around would make any of the meats too OP.

With the additional layers of brine and herbs and wood types in the mix it would take a long time to produce but we could end up with some pretty decent little energy foods with very specific feps and fep mixes. The whole process would be as tedious and rewarding as cheese and it would fill in all those gaps that dried fish are missing and more. And honestly even if some of the products would be OP, just making the satiation an across-the-board "jerky" thing would fix that up. 2 fuckin ez.

Zentetsuken

Return to Critique & Ideas