Hearth back when KO'd outlawed AND DISCONNECTED

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hearth back when KO'd outlawed by default.

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:02 am

Outlaws shouldn't stay in the world when they're not connected to the server. There is no reason for things to be the way they are. While auto-hearthing on KO would be huge improvement it's still a band-aid on a bad system that has no good reason to exist. It's still super trivial to kill a disconnected person if they're going to hearth after they've been KOed.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Outlaws shouldn't stay in the world when they're not connected to the server. There is no reason for things to be the way they are. While auto-hearthing on KO would be huge improvement it's still a band-aid on a bad system that has no good reason to exist. It's still super trivial to kill a disconnected person if they're going to hearth after they've been KOed.

I agree, I'd still like to see both be options, especially given it doesn't seem like they'd require much dev time to implement. It would save a lot of people whose internet goes out or who kick a cord or something from a shitty and needless fate.

To that end though, what would your solution for serious crimes be (vandalism, murder)? Would you want to go back to the legacy system of scent summoning? I always personally liked that system, hearth summon or instakill hearthless summon. Makes one's hearth a valuable asset.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby jordancoles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:57 am

Bring back summoning
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:58 am

jordancoles wrote:Bring back summoning

Bring back instakill summoning. As fun as it was getting ported all over by the boys, instakills were pretty dank and prevented the issue of summoning anyone anywhere.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 am

Summon alive at HF as act of rummaging > Insta kill if no HF?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Summon alive at HF as act of rummaging > Insta kill if no HF?

I believe it used to go:

Summon alive at HF, aggroed, no scents(?). I think it only left a scent of murder if you killed them without the battery or assault, but maybe that was only if they actively aggroed you and you killed them. The logic here is that you have the scents of their crime and have just cause to kill them or something. I might be conflating two different systems though.

If they had no HF, anywhere you summoned them they would instantly be killed. I don't remember if it left a scent or not. I don't think it did.

Basically summon alive at HF is a 'non red hand crime', yeah.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:55 am

You would instantly die if summoned without HF mostly because people were using it as Fast Travel method, am I right?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:31 am

vatas wrote:You would instantly die if summoned without HF mostly because people were using it as Fast Travel method, am I right?

Yes but that's not really that bad (given vidol porting was what everyone did), people were using it in an abusive way to summon their friends for a raid to bypass needing to siege. It was rare when the opportunity happened, but it enabled too much cheap bullshit that it had to be removed. The first guy to complain about the change on the forums complained about it because he killed his friend in an attempt to jump someone by summoning all his guys at once.

It was a thing that happened in a variety of circumstances. Fights/combat in general.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby jordancoles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:39 am

Porting supplies would be the largest issue with summoning as it was in legacy. There was a niche use for it in pvp as well where you could summon a dead char body in front of a player who was running away to clip them. This wouldn't be as effective now because of push-out, but it used to be a problem in high-level pvp

I'm still in favour of summoning as it was in legacy being added to Hafen
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:10 am

5 second cast time, drops items if summoned without a hf
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas